Hondo's Bar

Supernatural

God, I need to catch up...

From what little I've read of this, it sounds good. I think they have the same two guys that already do the dub voices for the live action series signed on. I'm also interested in the stuff from their childhood and the "secondary characters" (Ash is awesome).

• 6 years later...
‘Supernatural’ is doing a Scooby Doo crossover episode—yes, really

supernatural-scooby-doo.jpg?w=640

After 12 seasons on the air Supernatural is heading into new territory. The Winchester brothers fight monsters every week, they’ve broken the fourth wall, and have already been to several realms of existence, but now they’re heading to animation. One episode next season will crossover with Scooby Doo.

Yes, I am serious.

Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki made the announcement at the CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday, and the idea was so out there that some initially thought the proposed crossover was a joke.

Not much is known about the episode itself, but an image from the episode of Sam and Dean Winchester with Scooby Doo was shown to those in attendance and quickly spread online.

Some fans weren’t quite sure what to make of the crossover yet—and others pointed out how little sense it makes —but they’re excited about the prospect of Sam and Dean solving mysteries with the Mystery Gang.

Would watch.

I'd seen some reviews saying that this season was rather bland because it was more of a back to basics and not omg apocalypse season - and I am in the camp firmly against that. There's been so many seasons of supernatural where it's all-go, all-apocalypse, all-the-time, and we needed some downtime/breathing room before the mess that's about to happen.

Also, I am not shocked by anything in the finale.

no one stays dead. but it was nice to see bobby again

It's a great show. 12 seasons tho.

It has the smoothest, most non-forced pop culture references of any show around. 12 seasons tho.

It does a decent job of mixing up the episodes so it never gets stale.

12 seasons tho.

Haha! All of this. I think I made it 5 or 6 seasons in and was still having fun but I just needed a break! I'll probably watch more eventually, but 12 seasons? I don't know if I'd be in it for the long haul.

• 9 months later...

wasn't there a Scooby doo murder mysteries parody aside on family guy or some such with the actual voice actor for Fred declaring they 'were dealing with one sick son of a bitch'? I'll try to find the clip when I get home.

Edited by Drifter

• 5 weeks later...