Hondo's Bar

Twin Peaks

HOLY ENORMOUS CAST! Of the actors I recognize, there aren't too many duds. Michael Cera can go either way, depending on the role. Love Amanda Seyfried and Naomi Watts especially! So excited to see so much of the original cast! I think I'll watch (most of) the original series before this airs.

The original series falls off BIG TIME once Laura's murder is wrapped up, but up until then, it's one of my all-time favorite shows! It's been a few years now so I could use a refresher!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

C1w3OdqVQAEIZFh.jpg

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Better brush up on your backwards-speak, because Twin Peaks‘ journey back into the red room will begin on Sunday, May 21, at 9/8c, with a two-hour premiere.

All told, the revival will consist of 18 hours, Showtime president and CEO David Nevins announced on Monday afternoon at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

Nevins also shared that immediately following the two-hour opener, Episodes 3 and 4 will be available On Demand and via Showtime’s streaming platform.

“We’ve seen the whole thing… and the version of Twin Peaks you’re going to see is the pure-heroin version of David Lynch,” Nevins said. “I’m very excited to put that out.”

Storyline-wise, Nevin would only reveal that it’s “about Agent Cooper’s odyssey back to Twin Peaks,” and that an “emotional” story grounds the 18-hour run.

Those waiting for a trailer, meanwhile, should plan on waiting. Maybe forever. Nevins indicated that a themed series of teasers (a la American Horror Story) could unspool prior to its May premiere.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

so i imagine that last ep was pretty decisive: nine inch nails performance aside, it was about as lynchian as things get, and without the show's background, that...explosion of dark imagery & such wouldn't have kept my interest nearly as long, but i dug it.

...but yeah

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Showtime mulling over another season of Twin Peak

[IMG]

• 5 years later...

it's funny looking back on the first page of this thread, sometimes it takes years before i'm somewhere to really get into something.  rewatching it with teri this last week, it's prolly one of my favorite shows

i absolutely used much of that "survival guide" image i posted higher up and skipped around the middle of season 2, after the studio pushes lynch to tie up the murder of laura palmer it realllly goes to some deadend plot bits (had to jump around to find bits about the lodges)

we just finished fire walk with me, jumping into season 3 soon.  ive caught so much more this time around, and i'm really looking forward to doing the return while it's all fresh in my head & i don't have to keep looking up names & plot points

i'd also done a deep dive into lore & takes on the ending (it really stuck with me), here's a somewhat convoluted one i'd enjoyed

also? "fix your hearts or die" is such a dope mantra to use against transphobes, what a gift

https://i.imgur.com/Epk9ceD.mp4