Hondo's Bar

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Maldron

shit, more Alan Wake DLC? ill wait on a review, still wanna get that game and play through again on hard.

will play RB3 by Jax (he says he's getting the keyboard, guitar cant be far off), debating DJ Hero 2 only cause if i wait, itll get cheap again (prolly get it on PS3 just to have the option of online), i imagine ill likewise wait on Def Jam Rapstar if it drops. Dead Rising 2 is a rental (unless im really surprised by it), Fallout New Vegas, im hoping to break in a new PC rig with but i know if i can hold off, it'll be $25-30 on steam holiday sales, that's hard to pass on.

November is Epic Mickey and the next Assassin's Creed, right? wonder if LBP2 gets bumped back or not, too. anyway, on topic: swear im downloading the demo this week.

It's kinda on topic. Enslaved is the hot chick that walks by that you turn around to take another look at, but you don't know if you can be bothered to go try and tap that given the obligations you've already got piling up. Hot, though.

It's already making the mistake of coming out the same day as the new 3D Castlevania. The game will not do well this season, most likely.

Since no one has pointed this out, I would just like to make sure we're all on the same page, y'all know that this game is based off of the book "Journey to the West?" The death crown, telescoping staff, the pig guy, and the flying nimbus are all from that legend. These are all the same characters from Dragon Ball, Saiyuki, and the many other interpretations. I'm not the only one to get this, right?

Since no one has pointed this out, I would just like to make sure we're all on the same page, y'all know that this game is based off of the book "Journey to the West?" The death crown, telescoping staff, the pig guy, and the flying nimbus are all from that legend. These are all the same characters from Dragon Ball, Saiyuki, and the many other interpretations. I'm not the only one to get this, right?

I really am digging the dystopian/sci-fi reimagining of the Journey to the West.

:wink:

My original opening post mentioned it, but I decided that listing all the things that the story has led to would be an unnecessary springing point that could cause us all to talk about Journey to the West, or DB, or Saiyuki, or what have you. We've had off-topic posts galore anyway, though. I figured the fact that the main characters were Trip and Monkey would be enough for most who were aware of Journey to the West to get that it was the inspiration.

They've said they used the dynamics from Journey to the West as their inspiration, but they didn't want the story to be a 1:1.

They could easily have shoehorned in the "WHY DID YOU DO THIS" rage, but he's beyond that, and because of it he comes across as intelligent.

one man's "intelligent" is another man's "complete bitch", then. don't get me wrong, he sounds like a juiced-up jersey shore leftover, and i totally get why she didn't wanna open doors to let him in...but they just narrowly escaped death from a slave ship, and that's what she does to him?

props to ninja theory for again making a game whose controls aren't ideal, but at least the platforming bits are point-and-click, while the characters so far are both as equally unlikable and therefore a bit compelling, but yeah, going into this, i'm with JZA: i know she's not gonna die at his hand, but seeing her perish would be a highlight nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

Archived