Hondo's Bar

007 - No Time To Die

The NZA

thank you based god

The wheels of production are starting to spin up again at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, who filed for pre-packaged bankruptcy in Manhattan federal court after rejecting a takeover bid by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. and billionaire Carl Icahn.

MGM plans to spend as much as $125 million on operations in the next 15 weeks. MGM said it’s has already spent $20 million to fund production of films based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s novel, “The Hobbit,” in a co-production deal with Time Warner Inc.’s New Line Cinema, and may need to spend more. Three films based on “The Lord of the Rings,” the sequel to “Hobbit,” grossed about $3 billion at the box office worldwide, MGM said to Bloomberg.

New James Bond films may be released every second year starting in November 2012, MGM said. It aims to own 50 percent of Bond 23, due out that year, with an equal partner paying all of the production costs, it said. Later Bond movies would be wholly owned and funded by MGM, the company said.

Two potential suitors for Bond 23 financing and distribution are Paramount and Sony.

Spyglass chiefs Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum, who will be taking charge of production at MGM as part of the restructuring deal, are close to Paramount who co-funded the smash-hit "Star Trek" reboot.

Sony distributed the last two James Bond outings under the agreement reached when the company was part of the consortium that took over MGM in 2005. It now owns a 14% stake. Sony have made it public that they would love to be involved again, but it looks like a bidding war between rival distributors will be taking place before Bond 23 is officially green-lit.

2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the EON Productions series of James Bond films. It would be the first time a Bond movie has been released in a year ending in '2' since the debut outing "Dr No" in 1962. Assuming Daniel Craig honours his contract for a third film, it would also be the longest gap between Bond movies without a change in the lead role.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Daniel Craig ‘offered $150m for two more Bonds

A new day generally brings a fresh frontrunner to inherit 007’s tuxedo, with Victoria star Tom Hughes the most recent to join the likes of Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston and Aidan Turner. But according to a source reported by Radar, the most likely candidate to star as James Bond is Daniel Craig.

Craig, 48, has already starred in four films, and despite a rumoured $65m (£48.66m) payday for 2015’s Spectre, was apparently sceptical about returning for more instalments. But pre-release qualms (“I’d rather slash my wrists”) were felt to have been overstated and, in the absence of an obvious replacement, Sony are said to be keen to sign him on for at least two further films. The actor added that he reserved “the right to change my mind” about quitting the series.

Daniel Craig: I'd rather slash my wrists than play James Bond again

Read more

According to Radar, Craig’s public reluctance may even have helped his cause. “[He] has played a genius hand,” said the source. “Everyone knows how much executives adore him, and the idea of losing him at such a crucial time in the franchise isn’t an option as far as all the studio honchos are concerned.”

The $150m would apparently involve two more films, shot “virtually back-to-back” – but neither would be shot by Sam Mendes who, despite the critical and commercial success of Spectre and its predecessor, Skyfall, has ruled himself out of returning.

The final decision rests with Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, who in July was reported to be focusing on the next two films, with a view to potentially rehiring Craig.

A spokesperson from Sony Pictures said the company had no comment.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Christoph Waltz won't reprise his role as Blofeld in Bond 25

[IMG] 

Earlier this year Daniel Craig confirmed he would be back as the iconic 007 agent in the 25th Bond film, but he won't be working with one of his Spectre colleagues. Christoph Waltz were speaking on the red carpet at Festa del Cinema di Roma on October 26 to the Italian movie site Talky Movie (video) and confirmed he will not be back as arch nemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

According to MI6-HQ Christoph Waltz had an option to return to a future Bond film but only if Daniel Craig were to be the lead role.

James Bond is out on November 8 2019.

sucks, i thought he looked great for it - just didn't like how they used him as this overarching villain that tied up everything bad that happened in the craig films, myself 

• 4 months later...

Danny Boyle confirms he'll direct Bond 25

“We are working on a script right now. And it all depends on that really. I am working on a Richard Curtis script at the moment. We hope to start shooting that in 6 or 7 weeks. Then Bond would be right at the end of the year. But we are working on them both right now.”

When I pushed Boyle for more details on “James Bond 25” he confirmed that John Hodge is currently expanding an idea the pair had for 007 into a script. Hodge and Boyle previously worked on “Shallow Grave,” “Trainspotting,” “A Life Less Ordinary,” “The Beach,” “Trance” and “T2 Trainspotting” together.

“We’ve got an idea, John Hodge, the screenwriter, and I have got this idea, and John is writing it at the moment. And it all depends on how it turns out. It would be foolish of me to give any of it away.”

looking like Daniel Craig's last, here 

• 2 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Danny Boyle Quit Bond 25 Because He Refused to Kill 007, According to Reports

"salvaging" bond 25

sucks to see craigs run feeling like it's echoing the trajectory of brosnan's 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...