Hondo's Bar

New Daredevil Flick

Daredevil_Born_Again.jpg

David Slade Developing New 'Daredevil' Movie

Sources say the new movie -- which Slade will direct -- will adapt the acclaimed "Born Again" story line.

6:32 PM 3/15/2011

Sources say the new story line will be the adaptation of the critically acclaimed Frank Miller-written and David Mazzucchelli-illustrated Born Again run of the comic series, which saw the Kingpin of Crime learn the identity of the superhero and begin to systematically destroy his life.

David Slade is in talks to develop and direct the new Daredevil movie, being made by 20th Century Fox and Regency. Peter Chernin's Chernin Entertainment will produce.

The so-far untitled project has no writer at this stage although the studio says it is aiming to make a movie that continues the story begun by the 2003 Ben Affleck movie. Affleck, however, is not involved in the new project.

As the DD project is still in the development stage, Slade’s next project is likely to the Phoenix Pictures’ period horror The Last Voyage of the Demeter. The lead role is not cast, but Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace are attached to co-star.

drag to share

Linky link.

I'm really torn as to whether Hard Candy makes up for Twilight: Eclipse on this dude's resume.

I really dig Born Again, I think it's a solid choice for adaptation. Watching Kingpin destroy Murdoch a piece at a time would be fun to watch. Was Karen Page in the first movie? I never saw it.

Another quick question for those that read it the book:

Is that the one where she's all "I have AIDS!"? I hope not.

It's a shame there'll be no Bullseye, but given that there's no way in hell Colin Farrell would reprise the roll (say what you will, fucker was pitch perfect if unnecessarily Irish) I can live with that. Honestly this'll have to be R, because there's no way they can do have Nuke hopped up on amphetamines properly and still get a PG-13.

It's a shame there'll be no Bullseye, but given that there's no way in hell Colin Farrell would reprise the roll (say what you will, fucker was pitch perfect if unnecessarily Irish) I can live with that. Honestly this'll have to be R, because there's no way they can do have Nuke hopped up on amphetamines properly and still get a PG-13.

I don't know. He's not really lighting Hollywood on fire these days. It could be possible to get Farrell. . . the film would definitely benefit from it.

A Daredevil movie done right would be great. It's a shame Marvel didn't get back control of Daredevil the way the got back control of Hulk. I have heard that Fox needed to make a new DD soon (within ten years of the last one, I think) to not lose the rights to the franchise. Obviously the need to be tied into the rest of the Marvel universe is less important for DD, and he deals with Spidey more than the Avengers, but it would have been cool..

I know it's not the done thing in the Marvel U, because NY's apparently the only place for these guys, but I don't know why a good catholic boy like Murdock never went to Boston to set up shop. The rent's cheaper, the crime's whiter, that'd be a much more interesting book, and DD for that mattah.

I know it's not the done thing in the Marvel U, because NY's apparently the only place for these guys, but I don't know why a good catholic boy like Murdock never went to Boston to set up shop. The rent's cheaper, the crime's whiter, that'd be a much more interesting book, and DD for that mattah.

Not to mention Boston actually has areas like Daredevil's Hell's Kitchen, whearas the real Hell's Kitchen is just filled with kitshcy pubs and Dominicans peddling fake rolexes and bootleg DVDs.

Not to mention Boston actually has areas like Daredevil's Hell's Kitchen, whearas the real Hell's Kitchen is just filled with kitshcy pubs and Dominicans peddling fake rolexes and bootleg DVDs.

Trufax. I was there in 2007, and although I didn't see any Dominicans peddling wares, I did see a wide array of "wannabe cool" bars and restaurants.

Archived