Hondo's Bar

Party Down

party_down_2009_fulllineup_960x3855.jpg

From left to right: Martin Starr from Freaks & Geeks, Ryan Hansen from Veronica Mars, Lizzy Caplan from alot of things including Freaks & Greeks, Mean Girls, Cloverfield, and True Blood, Adam Scott whom I know mostly from his role on Parks & Recreation, Ken Marino from alot of things including The State, Stella, Wet Hot American Summer, Veronica Mars, and alot of other shit and Jane Lynch, most famous now for Glee. She was replaced in the second season by Megan Mullally from Will & Grace.

It's cancelled now, but this is gonna be one of those cult shows for years.

• 10 years later...

‘Party Down’ Revival Gets Starz Greenlight With Six Of Original Series’ Seven Stars Returning

EXCLUSIVE: The Party Down revival is a go. Starz has given a six-episode order to a new installment of the cult 2009-10 comedy series. The formal green light follows lengthy negotiations with the c…

The

Party Down revival is a go. Starz has given a six-episode order to a new installment of the cult 2009-10 comedy series. The formal green light follows lengthy negotiations with the cast, which recently were completed.

Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, Ken Marino, Martin Starr, Ryan Hansen and Megan Mullally have closed deals to return for the new season. Not coming back is original cast member Lizzy Caplan, whose schedule could not accommodate Party Down's 2022 production start, believed to be in mid-January.

no lizzy kaplan is a big bummer here, but there's enough talent to be hyped here! just hoping it handles the inevitably darker tone from time having past in a way that works better than the arrested development relaunches did

• Really Like 2

I think Arrested Development relaunches are a playbook on what not to do for this.

And as much of a bummer as it is that Lizzy Kaplan isn't on for this, getting Jane Lynch back in the fold makes up for it a bit I think. I think her not being there might actually be some good humour fodder though as to why Adam Scott's character is still doing the same thing 10 years on.

• Like 1