Hondo's Bar

100 Bullets tv series

Link

David Goyer Attached To Write/Produce 100 Bullets TV Series

Now this is more like it from DC/Vertigo! Deadline report that the excellent comic series will be getting the small screen treatment with Goyer attached to (possibly) write and produce.. How far would you go to repay a wrong if you had 100 untraceable bullets? It seems that DC/WB are finally looking to some of the Vertigo imprint's more popular titles for adaptation now. This time it's Brian Azzarello's award winning crime comic 100 Bullets..

100.jpg

Comic book/graphic novel adaptation master David S. Goyer is taking on 100 Bullets as a potential TV series. I hear Goyer is attached to write and executive produce a drama series project for Showtime based on the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning comic book that published 100 issues between 1999 and 2009, all written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Eduardo Risso, whose credits include the Batman and Superman comics. Warner Bros. TV, whose sibling DC Comics published 100 Bullets through its Vertigo imprint, is producing.

Goyer is a veteran of comic book adaptations at this point, having written all of the Blade movies (also directing the last one) and co-writing Christopher Nolan's batman movies. He is also working on Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. I think this is great news, a 100 Bullets TV show with Goyer holding the pen is sure to be something special.

:ohface:

This could be epic.

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY LITTLE MOUTH

*ahem* I have high hopes. It's a damn shame that indeed, it'll probably be WB because they & DC are under the same banner, but this is different. Surely they can't fuck with this. Does WB currently do anything edgy? I heard good things about Young Justice and Birds of Prey...

The cartoon? Doesn't count. We're talking WB primetime here. Birds of Prey was moderately watchable, but I sure as shit wouldn't call it "edgy". The edgiest thing they ever aired was Buffy and briefly the abortive The Oblongs, and those have been gone for a coon's age. They aired The Oblongs once, then aired the season finale, then occasionally showed it after midnight. No, the WB/CW is the home of the following television programs:

Gilmore Girls

Smallville

One Tree Hill

Angel

7th Heaven

Reba

Dawson's Creek

What I Like About You

Charmed

Felicity

Sabrina, The Teenage Witch

The Steve Harvey Show

That said, it doesn't necessarily have to be bad. If they're smart, they'll use this opportunity to give their shithole of a network a little credibility, but know that there is no precedent for it. They cater almost exclusively to a teen audience. And not a very cool one.

Oh, and Supernatural. Which I've never seen, but I think I remember you liking. That may have been someone else. I just remember someone talking about Jeffrey Dean Morgan pre-Watchmen and acting like we just didn't want to mention his role in the show, when the reality was that you were the only lady that even knew he was in it.

Doesn't explicitly say anything about the show being on that network. WB is just distributing it due to the partnership with DC it looks like, so it could end up somewhere completely different, maybe...

something something Jeffrey Dean Morgan pre-Watchmen

grey's anatomy...

Wasn't me. I've seen the show before and plan to sit down with a few collected seasons at some point because the three main actors I've seen in other stuff and liked, but I'm by no means qualified to advocate or condemn the show on any basis.

Re; other Warner Bros stuff, I wiki'd Young Justice and see what you mean. I brought it up because a friend slung it to me on a DVD and I've yet to watch, assumed it was live action. What they need a a goddamned live-action middle ground between teeny crap that you've listed up there, and the nigh-prolific Nolan Batman movies.

Doesn't explicitly say anything about the show being on that network. WB is just distributing it due to the partnership with DC it looks like, so it could end up somewhere completely different, maybe...

Completely true. They distributed Wonder Woman too, and that was shopped about everywhere. At the end of the day, though, I don't really want to see this on any network television. I mean, I'll take it if I have too, but HBO/Showtime/ F/X or shit, even AMC would be preferable (but I guess I could say that about anything).

If it ends up on WB/CW though...that shit would be breaking new ground.

WHy has noone mentioned Supernatural yet? JDM appears every other fucking episode in that because he's the main characters' goddamned father!! Sure it's a terrible show and I doubt anyone wishing to be taken seriously by their internet friends isn't gonna admit it, but it's been an elephant in the room for 3 pages now!

Ah, we were both right (thanks HondoSearch, you actually worked for once). It was you, but you also condemned it as terrible.

The CW also carried Reaper for it's short run, and that show was pretty cool.

Anyway, the OP said

I hear Goyer is attached to write and executive produce a drama series project for Showtime based on the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning comic book

The talks to have Preacher made into a TV show that eventually feel through were all with HBO, right? Well, Time Warner owns HBO, so ask yourselves this, if Time Warner is hellbent on airing a 100 Bullet show on a station they own (btw, they can make money producing a show for another network, trust me), would they go with the CW or HBO?

Archived