Hondo's Bar

Luther

• 1 year later...

a year late, but because JZA demaned it

finally got around to the first episode, after LL was on about recent episodes...it's a cool concept, but even then, Idris carries this. Dude's just an intersting actor, should've known as much since the Wire - anyone else finally check this one out?

FdvGt.gif

just finished season 2, all caught up - looking back, this has a lot've the elements i look for in noir, so i (and Sen) rather enjoyed it. apparently Idris' twitter says they're looking at starting season 3 in a bit, which is awesome..i think since it's 4-6 episodes, this BBC format lets him keep any movie commitments he has, apparently you can shoot that in around a month or so. anyway, pretty enjoyable stuff, and it's not overly long either.

Edited by The NZA
(eat some dicks!)
  • Downvote 1

Just came in to rave about the first two episodes of S1 and Nick had to put up a spoilery gif. For someone who bitches about written spoilers in the Breaking Bad thread five years after the fact, he sure is itchy on the ol' gif trigger finga there.

Anyway, starting into S1E3 now. Y'all have severely undersold this show. The first two episodes alone were better than most detective-thriller films or TV shows I've seen in recent memory.

• Downvote 1

SPOILER: Luther has poor temper, will break things & strike people throughout much of the show

also, a thread where DoJ & i talk about a short show no one else is watching =/= a 5 season show half of america is on about on facebook/etc, come on

glad you're digging it though, it goes places at the season's end and 2 is of course crazier

Just finished S2...

I liked the fact they were both two-parters and his personal life w/ Jenny was the thread throughout the season. I did not like how it ended w/ Jenny though; it was just kinda blah. Nice touch ending it w/ the same line as S1. Also didn't like there were only 4 episodes! I did like how the friendship w/ Alice progressed. I hope we find out more about her--had she killed before her parents? Why'd she kill them in the first place? Maybe take Luther out of London and he has to help Alice out of a bad spot in Morocco or something.

Definitely looking forward to more episodes.

I also may have to read Neil Cross' book. It's supposedly the prequel to S1. Sounds good.

I fucking always do this to myself! I start getting into a show. Start loving it. And so I need to read everything about it. IMDB. Wikipedia. Anything. Everything! Except, of course, spoilers on Hondos. You can put four hundred spoilers and I will never click one before I'm caught up. But fucking IMDB and Wikipedia! FUCK!! I spoiler myself... every time. Smh.

Pisses me off. Makes me want to stop watching.

And this show is so damn good, too.

didn't know about the prequel thing, haku - nice find.

as for Alice...i personally dug her too but i was glad to see her go, she was too much of a walking deus ex for him you know? and i really don't expect to get much more on why she offed her parents than that "super narcissitic sociopath was pushed too hard all her life and snapped" that they basically gave.

i think i liked the Leon-esque relationship with Jenny cause her life/family thing was so fucked, and Luther taking her in knowing it'd kind've doom him with the mob...that shit was so noir, it hink it was the angle that made me really go for the show, brought it all home for me. if that didn't click though i think she'dve just been kind've annoying, but she did good killing that punk anyway HAHAHAHA PANCH THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR ILL CLICKING DISCIPLINE MY FRIEND

• 10 months later...