Hondo's Bar

Tea

the division of joy

What with ever increasing pressure from skeet and nick to get my testicles out and dance to do so, there is a thread about the absolute best drink in the world.

tea.jpg

Tea is that badass, its not only amazingly tasty, but its got all kinds of mad health benefits. Green tea supposedly cures cancer and makes you Obama, so drink it!

nice.

see, i got into this when living with spiffytee/chi-chan, the latter would have me drink green tea after big dinners for digestion/etc and i took to it. also, dim sun with them made me realize i liked flower tea, and didn't put much (if any) sugar into either.

the concept of having it in the morning was new to me when i was visiting some cousins in from germany earlier this year, who'd alternate that with morning coffee. Sen swears there's mad caffeine in it, which i guess makes sense for certain morning types, but these plan asian ones don't seem to, or am i mistaken?

anyway, will check out recommendations/try some when next i meet ya'll, as again my experience here is limited.

There is some tea that has high caffeine content in it, yerba for example. Though that could also be to do that its somewhat linked to cocaine. There's a lot of decaf tea but on average from what I've read, the average cup is about on par with coffee, its just all the other crap in coffee that makes you feel tweaked out.

Jasmine tea is where its at, as regards flower tea.

DoJ - yeah? so if i try jasmine, i shouldn't do so before expecting to pass out, then? gonna look for that one either way.

JZA, please. they sell that shit in a big bag in the asian market 5 minutes from here for like three dollars; that shit could come in my little pony wrapping and i'd proudly stuff it in my fanny-pack or whatever.

I used to not care for any sort of tea, but now I only drink the hot tea when I go to Japanese/Chinese restaurants and thanks to DoJ and a super-dee-duper Secret Santa a few years back, I also like Earl Grey.

We have loads of tea here at home because my MIL loves to buy buy buy but I haven't tried even a handful of them. I know they range from flower teas, to white to black to green to Lord knows what else!

Archived