Hondo's Bar

Mad About You Season 1 Dvd Box Set.

I purchased the Mad About You Season 1 DVD box set today. Do I love Mad About You? No. I watched it a bunch a few years ago because it was between two shows I did really like. So why did I buy the Season 1 box set? It has 22 episodes and it's only 2 DVDs and cost $19.99. I am so tired of box sets with like 3 episodes per DVD, just to pad the price. I want to support this release to send a message to DVD distributors. Don't pad the price with extra DVDs! Sure, it has zero special features, not even a commentary, but with 22 DVD quality episoides for less than a dollar and episode, who needs special features. It's Mad About You for pete's sake, I don't care about interviews with the actors and directors. I am happy with this purchase, I say to you all: If you even remotely like Mad About You, buy this and help send a message to the industry and show you support for not being raped in the ass with price-padded DVDs.

• Upvote 1

• 8 years later...

WTF? Someone +1/-1 these posts? Jax, have you been using your rep?

Not only P2P DL's, but I was more referring to Netflix streaming w/ my hindsight statement. Ya know, since you were originally talking about legit ways to support media providers that "don't rip you off" w/ your original post.

twas mine, if it matters.

show wasn't awful sometimes, but then again i watched too much of Paul Reiser on VH1 standup in the day, i think rosie o'donnel was hosting at the time and comedy central didn't exist/wasn't offered where i lived yet.

• Downvote 1

Aw, c'mon now. When this devolves into a -1 war, there is no disputing that you were the guy that fired the first shot.

Keep in mind that he has an army of trolls at his beck and call. His potential powers of rep almost rival your own.

On topic, I haven't seen the show since it was in syndication around the late 90's, I don't recall being a fan.

• Downvote 1

...paul resier's that boring that we're gonna talk about rep again here instead, huh?

i'm allowed to + or - as i please, same as any of you (just, way more often :troll: ). in this instance, i +1'd jaxs post because older members who are less active dont really get rep stuff as much, so as i see older threads/things they did that i like, ill + that as a sort've way of saying they're missed. I like to think when some of the DD people come through, they'll see that and know. who knows.

i -'d because bumping an old-ass topic just to crap on it is weak. there you have it. emoticons.png no war, no trolls giving feedback, just a nice topic about helen hunt and her sexy forehead.

ps well done axels

smiley-talk024.gif

Panch bumped old threads to shit on them like like 1,000 times in the same day before. It's part of his schtick. And it was kinda funny (but not funny enough for me to squander my +1 to balance him out :2T: ).

Good point about the older members, I've noticed that too. Jax still posts a couple a days a week though, he scarcely counts.

No worries, do as you please and all that, I was just making an observation when I saw someone had mysteriously -1'd you and it seemed foreboding.

Let's talk about Paul Reiser now. That fella is going places.

Paul Reiser's new sitcom has been put out of its misery after just two episodes. NBC pulled the plug on The Paul Reiser Show after it scored the lowest rating for a debuting sitcom in the network's history.

Only 3.3 million viewers tuned in to the critically-panned show's premiere episode. Week two fell to 2.7 million.

PHOTOS: Stars Who Died In Bizarre Ways

Reiser was one of the comic superstars of the 1990s. His Mad About You, with Helen Hunt, ran for seven seasons.

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Have Filed For Bankruptcy

The magic just wasn't there 12 years later

I get it's an article about failure but daaamn