Hondo's Bar

Favorite comic characters that aren't the obvious ones.

Panch

Someone other than me likes Moon Knight? Well ain't that some shit. Did you get into him after he got remade or have you been a long time fan? (this goes out to all the Moon Knight fans) I used to dig him pretty hard when I was younger recently picked up the trade of the new stuff which is a fun take on the character.

Edited by Bindusara

aw man, i only read a few of those in the day (older kid that had comics on the block was mostly into Thor and MK, but i was reading any Venom & Punisher stuff he had of course haha)...what are the exact #'s of that run?

and yeah, im mostly a newjack fan, always thought he looked cool but barely read/had access to anything until the relaunch. id like to go back & see more than just his west coast avengers shit.

Very nice. He's pretty quality and I love the hell out of him. I have one of those huge collected volumes of the really old school shit like him vs Werewolf etc.

Back on topic real fast:

1765123-644186_havok_large.jpgHavok_(Alex_Summers)_014.jpg

I love me some Havok. I don't know why really, maybe it was reading MELTDOWN when I was younger but I always appreciated Alex more than Scott. What he's really been needing is a Joss Wheadon of his own that likes him enough to give him a solid run of his own. Not too long ago there was this fucking amazeballs X-series during the whole fucking Vulcan fiasco where they were pretty much no-so-much-but-kinda hinting that he was going to take over the Starjammers.

This would have been SO good. Then marvel forgot about him. Not even fucking kidding you here. They shot 1/2 the X-men into space and just forgot about them. Nope too busy with 198 and all that shit. Hey anyone see where Alex and like most of the other X-men went? Nope? Oh well.

I'm usually a year or so off on my X-comics. Mostly due to waiting for TPBs to come out. I'm wrapping up the whole Messiah BS now and moving forward. If they are doing something good with Alex then I might have to pick up the pace on buying books. (But not until we get our damn tickets to Florida for Halloween Horror Nights dammit.)