Hondo's Bar

Baytor & NZA discuss Rush's influence on modern prog-rock

The NZA

yeah, Dangerous sure was a blight on his career, what with Remember the Time, Who is It, Jam and numerous other classics

shaking-my-head-picture.gif

Disgust.gif

With Who Is It I can at least see where you're coming from as it's a rough approximation of what Michael Jackson sounded like when he was good but Jam and Remember the Time are bad songs and you're a bad person for liking them. The only good song Michael had post-Bad was Black or White and even it's just okay.

With Who Is It I can at least see where you're coming from as it's a rough approximation of what Michael Jackson sounded like when he was good but Jam and Remember the Time are bad songs and you're a bad person for liking them. The only good song Michael had post-Bad was Black or White and even it's just okay.

really just splitting hairs with you because you're just pissing about, but Remember the Time is pretty much agreed upon by normal folk as a great MJ track, hence why its on every greatest hits. I acknowledge Jam as a more personal thing, its 90s stuff with Heavy D so i like it.

I never liked Black or White, personally. but if you actually kept up with anything, you'd know Stranger in Moscow was his best track since Human Nature. Dangerous is not considered a bad album by any metric, HIStory was better as well.

Not my fault, the guy who runs this place brought the hate train in here and... well here's my thoughts on the matter.

hahaha

someone else called your boring-ass group boring, and i agreed. you've been throwing this little bitch-fit for pages since, trying to, i don't know, be more boring

you're doing a great job, i'm out but u stay mad mad.png

Yes I am mad, I always put up clips of Rambo when I'm having a serious argument.

Here's some yakkety-sax to convey my true fury:

Still: the fact that your rebuttle to my "name a Rush song other than the two most popular ones" was to name the third most popular tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of Rush. By that same token I heard like half a Wu Tang Clan song once and I watched a My Little Pony video with another in it one time. Man do they suck.

OMG but can you name a wu-tang song that isnt in their top 15 of all time or a genesis track from pre 1983 and do it in the next 2 minutes because otherwise my silly-ass criteria for you not enjoying the boring shit i do will be unfulfilled and this will vindicate my feelings about your feelings

this is seriously embarrassing here, you came so far in exchanging with people and its like you're regressing 3+ years over a mediocre prog-rock band, im kinda sorry i got into it with you man

*edit this is starting to look mean spirited and i don't want that, certainly not over something so mundane. last word is yours, out for real this time

Edited by The NZA
sobered up, dont want to keep this going

OMG but can you name a wu-tang song that isnt in their top 15 of all time or a genesis track from pre 1983 and do it in the next 2 minutes because otherwise my silly-ass criteria for you not enjoying the boring shit i do will be unfulfilled and this will vindicate my feelings about your feelings

this is seriously embarrassing here, you came so far in exchanging with people and its like you're regressing 3+ years over a mediocre prog-rock band, im kinda sorry i got into it with you man

*edit this is starting to look mean spirited and i don't want that, certainly not over something so mundane. last word is yours, out for real this time

tumblr_lej0f3n7AU1qaifa5.gif

I'm making fun of you, I'm saying I'm not qualified to criticize the Wu-Tang clan because I don't listen to them. Just like you're not qualified to criticize Rush because you've only heard 3 songs, one of which barely even sounds like a Rush song. I know you're used to having the upper hand in these conversations because I run my mouth off and say something off-the-wall and controversial but in this case all I said is "I like Rush" in a thread called "Things You Love That Everyone Hates" (Which I think counts as acknowledgement that I know not everyone digs them) and then after I made an offhand comment about someone you like you used the "Well other people like it so you are wrong."

So by that metric (God, do you love that word) Rush has over 1.6 million "likes" on Facebook. It's anecdotal but it obviously means I'm rightfrankie.jpg

God I hate Rush, that should have gone on my other list of shit I hate that everyone loves.

"But what about Neil Pearts drum solo??"

No offense Baytor, not trying to side here, I just remembered, nothing more.

No worries, the whole reason I put it here was because I know people hate Rush. Nick's just being a bigger jackass about it.

Edited by Iambaytor

8f4ou.gif

lol metric is a good word, but you prolly had to look it up, honestly

and making your embarrassing posts into gifs makes them a lot more bearable too!

ryan i tried being nice, but the truth is, you clearly value my opinion so much it's made you butthurt that your boring band got called out for being boring. i even tried indulging your little ego back there, but because i cant name several songs by them off the top of my head (how dumb is this? i cant name songs by some of my favorite artists, im better with lyrics - at least with stuff i enjoy anyway), this has you convinced that in 30+ years of growing up hearing classic rock shit, having more roomates than you've had friends playing that shit (one of which being jax and his stupid box set, which he was playing when i met him) etc etc ive never come across really esoteric band and been able to make an opinion about them

*edit chikinz you're clearly lying, the ryan test says if you can't name 5 your life is a lie

and yeah, artists choosing to put some of their more beloved songs on a greatest hits album, that's the same as facebook likes now - because in all those years of arguing with joel, you still never learned how to make a point

i feel like i'm still trying to be nice on the low & doing a PSA for you for when you grow up and start talking to people in the real world who aren't always going to care about your subjective tastes - post back if it's working! feel free to use gifs too, PM me if you want some but honestly they're not hard to find

• 4 weeks later...