Super Smash Bros.

Keth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloud and Sephiroth Amiibos...

200w_d.gif

When the DisInfinity figures of them come out I'll be first to put your face on the "Why can't I hold all these [item]" guy.

Also if we're picking FF characters, I know I'm beating a dead horse with my love for the game, but anyone from Final Fantasy 9 seems perfect for Smash Bros. Zidane would basically be Diddy with Daggers. Not to mention the stages they could concoct would be pretty insane.

Still have my heart set on King K. Rool.

Edited by Axels
Serious discussion

A cool twist would be an old school FF character (Bartz or someone from a Job game) and one of the moves is to switch jobs. Like Down B can switch between Warrior, Black Mage and thief or something like they did with the pokemon trainer back in Brawl.

Yeah, playing as the Black Mage in Smash would be awesome. I think the most iconic characters in all of Final Fantasy-dom are Cloud, Sephiroth, the BIack Mage and the Moogle.

Being able to play as any of them and fight alongside or against Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man or Pac-Man is still mind blowing. HYYYPED as hell for Cloud's appearance! LOL!

Black_Mage_Shibuya.png

mog-final-fantasy-6-final-fantasy-18458232-393-384.jpg

I hope one of the announcements in December is an update that adds the ability to play any song on any stage. Like, play Mega Man music in a Metroid stage - or FFVII music on the Final Destination stage. That'd be kew.

Banjo would be cool. Rare's got sum deep history w/ Nintendo...lookin' at you, Battletoads!

Now that Capcom, Square, Sega and Namco are represented, I'd like to see it get rounded off and get sum Konami rep back in there. Either the return of Solid Snake - or a new embassador, Simon Belmont.

My dream character...the one I've been waiting for since Brawl - is Captain N: The Game Master. That shit would be epic as hell for me.

Captain_N.png

God - remember when Mega Man was announced? You could hear the internet scream! Same w/ Pac-Man and Duck Hunt Dog. Captain N would stun the old schoolers.

b70.png

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, that falling Clock stage looks ridiculous! I want those Tails, Knuckles and Geno Mii Fighter costumes.

I don't know crap about Fire Emblem - and there are so many of those characters in there that I have zero connection or even familiarity with. Wish they put in more 'classic' Nintendo characters. (shrugs) I'm old.

I got Bayonetta on Wii U and that anime 'Bloody Fate' on blu - I know who she is. Really weird seeing the family-friendly version of her. My brain was like, "Shouldn't she be like, nearly butt-ass naked when she did some of those moves?" LOL

But, hey - I'll take it!

CWTLcYmUsAAVg5b.jpg

And that Tetsuya Nomura artwork did come out looking awesome. Worlds collide.

cberh9uoba3jeicjpbmb.jpg

Oh - and that 3rd alt. costume for Cloud. The sleeveless one from Advent w/ the Aerith band...nice touch.

Watching Cloud's trailer and I'm learning pronunciations to words I only ever read.

Ifrit- If-reeet: I always pronounced If-rit

Ramuh- Rah-moo: I would always read it Ray-muh

Climhazzard- Climb-Hazzard: Now it makes more sense, but I always though it was Clim-uh-zard, like charizard. Ugh.

I still won't pronounce Tidus' name as Teedus though.

Yeah, it was kinda like hearing people calling Mario 'May-rio'. I wonder if it's up to interpretation - 'cuz I've always seen it as 'If-rit', too.

I thought Tails n' Knuckles were available...I must've blinked during the Direct - not ready till Feb. Can't wait to fight as 'em.

miifighter8.jpg

miifighter9.jpg

At least Geno was ready.

miifighter6.jpg

Man, the decision to be able to fight as a Mii and being able to dress 'em up as different characters / outfits is so damn brilliant. One of the coolest parts of Smash 4.

tumblr_nm5hvtAJpj1s8ouhxo1_500.gif

Nemo, do you generally enjoy old strategy RPG's like say Shining Force, FF Tactics etc? if so, Fire Emblem is a blast

I still won't pronounce Tidus' name as Teedus though.

Yeah, it was kinda like hearing people calling Mario 'May-rio'.

you people are pronouncing it right, and everyone else is wrong

• 3 weeks later...

I hear FF Tactics is the best FF. Never played it - but I also hear that Fire Emblem plays just like it. I gotta check some reviews to understand how it works. I know it isn't like Secret of Mana and it ain't like FF (turn-based). Ain't gonna lie - I've been curious, but I haven't felt compelled to check reviews...till now.

My RPG exp started w/ FFVI n' SNES Mana / Chrono Trigger - but never went further than FFVIII...and even then, it was just a couple of hours. I didn't like the 'artstyle' or the vibe - it felt so different from FFVII...it was like, ultra realistic. (shrugs) This was waaaaaay back in the day - when it first came out. Don't know if Kingdom Hearts counts as an RPG, but I like that free-style combat and open-world freedom. I tried Blue Dragon, but I returned it after a couple days. Sooo many discs and it was sooo slow and failed to grab me.

I don't know which FF it was, but there was one that had a slightly 'cartoony' / anime aesthetic that caught my eye, but it was so long ago I don't remember which one it was. I know I've been missing out - but I...never got a PS3. :( I'd liked to one day and catch up.

Don't know nothing 'bout no Shining Force. Think I've heard of it.

• 1 month later...

My main has always been Link (since the 64 days) - at the Smash 4 midnight release, they had a Smash tournament going at the local Gamestop to occupy the time until midnight hit. No one had played before and the hype was tangible. The only rules: you gotta bring your own controller.

I got first place in the qualifying rounds, but I came in dead-last in the Finals. My controller decided it didn't want to synch w/ the Wii U anymore and I was forced to use a Wiimote. A Wiimote for Smash...Smash Finals...no nunchuk, just a Wiimote...oy. weep.gif LOL - anyway, after that recent Mother 3 pseudo-announcement, I've been trying to mix it up and master Lucas - who plays a bit different from Ness, who I've never been able to get a handle on.

"He doesn't quite...understand me..."

tumblr_o1u5r5yQnj1uy351mo1_500.jpg

Lucas suits my style and I've been practicing on For Glory w/ him and bumped into some really advanced players who destroyed me. I looked on youtube for some tips or tricks w/ Lucas and I bumped into this - LOL - thought I'd share:

I also use Mario / Dr. Mario, Bowser, Wario, Duck Hunt, Mega Man and Pac-Man...recently trying to get a handle on Cloud and Lucas. Oh - those Mii Fighters also get a lot of play!

Who do you all play as?

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

I'm a kirby man. He was my main back on the 64, but I didn't use him much since they nerfed him for Melee. Been using him alot more for 4 though.

Duck Hunt Dog is another one that I've gotten ok with. He's hard to master, but if you know how to use him, he is dangerous.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...