Hondo's Bar

Terminator: Genisys

Keth

Sl7tiLf.jpg

55pbPha.jpg

8F3SpHd.jpg

1Fs6yzU.jpg

Details

Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

• 1 month later...

Hmm....

So... they're going back to the events of the first movie but now the T-1000 is there and also a younger version of the T-800 while the older version protects Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese so they can bone. I don't hate it but that's a pretty overcooked idea trading pretty heavily on nostalgia. After T3 and whatever fucking R-word they chose to represent the last one I just can't learn to love again.

I'll probably Torrynt it.

Terminator is one of those franchises that I loved so much as a kid that I can forgive its mistakes (I've never seen the Sarah Conner out of continuity bullshit) much like Predator.

Aliens used to be that way...but then fucking Promethus happened.

So while it may not be good, that theme just still gives me chills and gets me hyped.

Terminator is one of those franchises that I loved so much as a kid that I can forgive its mistakes (I've never seen the Sarah Conner out of continuity bullshit) much like Predator.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles was amazing. I'm a huge T2 fan (I saw it in the theater) and I loved it. The last two Terminator movies were terrible and I felt let down and a little angry. The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show on the other hand was really good and I was depressed for months after it was cancelled. It's totally worth watching.

See, 3 didn't bug me as much as most. It should have been alot darker, but overall it wasn't terrible I thought. Salvation looks awful though, I havent tried it yet.

I watched both when they came out in theaters. Salvation is terrible. So is T3 in my opinion.

• 4 months later...