Hondo's Bar

Fallout 4

Keth

I don't even want to make a Fallout 4 thread until this is confirmed.

This is just a rumor. Like all other Fallout 4 rumors, this one could turn out to be utterly false. Remember when a site popped up teasing Fallout 4 at the end of 2013? Or the unconfirmed reports that Fallout 4 would take place in Boston?

One thing is for certain, and that's Bethesda's promised that an official announcement would be a ways off. At least, that was the official line in February of last year, when director Todd Howard said there was no official Fallout 4 announcement timeline, but it was going to be "a while."

It's been a while, right?

We've reached out to Bethesda for comment on the validity of this rumor and will absolutely keep you updated on all the news related to Fallout 4 as it becomes available.

Big ass rumor time

Seems pretty legit!

[Update: We received an email from Mirada Studios demanding we pull this story. A representative cited inaccuracies, but also confirmed the story was breaking a non-disclosure agreement. As nobody at Destructoid signed an NDA, we're assuming that confirms somebody else broke NDA. I wonder who might be in trouble.]

Mirada Studios, a CG studio set up by Guillermo del Toro to work on narrative based trailers for companies including Nintendo and Disney, apparently spent four months working on a cinematic trailer for Fallout 4, according to the LinkedIn profile of a 3D contract artist.

WD4OmgN.jpg

The artist, who apparently worked in the past on Far Cry 4 cinematics as well as cinematics for the Forza series, claims on his CV that from December 2014 to March 2015 he worked with Mirada Studios to create a Fallout 4 cinematic trailer, which would presumably debut at E3 next month.

It's important to note that while del Toro founded Mirada Studios, this does not mean he is directly involved with either the creation of the trailer, or on the creation of Fallout 4.

While Bethesda have yet to publicly acknowledge the existence of a new Fallout game, this rumour feels like it has some weight to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wii U is a damn fine machine with a library that stands on it's own.

Even I know PC is the correct choice here, but even my rather powerful laptop won't be trusted to run it just in case.

Game predictions: Plenty of bugs that I probably won't care about due to it being Fallout.

It can stand if it wants to, it can leave next-gen behind. But it won't have Fallout 4 and if it ain't got Fallout 4 then it's no friend of mine.

PC is always the right choice but a new console is cheaper and easier to install than a new processor/video card. I'll probably go PS4 since Xbox has nothing going for it right now. I can finally play The Last of Us and maybe some Uncharted/God of War when they inevitably get HD re-releases (assuming they haven't already)

• Upvote 1

Both consoles and I'm the opposite. Mainly for interface reasons, but also b/c the X1 is kind of starting to feel like my Steam library. Consistent dirt cheap/free games and gamesharing with the mrs. means I've filled up nearly 1/4th of my 6TB. I get a deep satisfaction from scrolling through the library.

I also prefer the analog stick layout.

This Gen more than ever before it really boils down to the small preferences. They're both fantastic.

I cant get over people bitching about the graphics on this thing. Movements a little janky, but that lighting and detail in the environment looks delicious. I like the bright colors myself. Makes me think its gonna take place earlier than the other games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Fallout 4 looks like shit"

7iqjnbi.jpg

I've seen uglier pieces of shit.

Meanwhile some dickhead just thinks he can steal once of my suits of power armor

And Piper is proving to be some sort of witch

She also can carry all of my shit without question. That's true love.

Man you gave her a suit of power armor? I didn't even give her a better gun, she's effectively invincible and her main weapon never runs out of ammo. I gave Cait a fedora and some spiky armor but only because I liked the way it looked better. I'm thinking a pompadour wig and some welding goggles for Strong.

Speaking of Strong, does anybody know how to appease this fucker without making everyone hate me? I don't want to waste a level up on a cannibal perk and I'm not just going to start killing random people. The internet has not been helpful in finding alternatives.

The way I'm exploiting this game, I'm being handed power armor like it's candy. I gave that one to her as a way to transport it to a settlement since I was already in my own suit.

I can't say much about Strong, I've only traveled with Nick and Piper thus far. After finding out who Macready is I kinda want him to be my next sidekick.

I think MacReady will be my next, I'm trying to do the companions with the least amount to do with the main story first so ones with heavy Brotherhood/Railroad/Institute ties are getting saved for last.

So it'll be MacReady, Valentine, or Garvey. Probably MacReady because Valentine is a bit too lawful good for my tastes and Preston Garvey is a fucking dweeb.