Hondo's Bar

Friday the 13th

Keth

I bumped into Tom Savini at a Haunted House gift shop near Orlando when I was 17. He was totally by himself, looked bored as hell. People were just walking by him, looking at all the horror memorabilia. We locked eyes and I was like, "Are you Tom Savini?" He laughed was like, "Y'know, I've been in here for about an hour and nobody has recognized me!"

I didn't want to bug him, but I had to tell him I loved his work - and in case he wasn't aware of it - an icon! He was cool about it and we had a quick chat. I asked him about any upcoming projects and he mentioned 'Vampirates'. Vampires out at sea. Still haven't seen that one...

LOL - I also remember giving him props on playing the immortal Sex Machine from From Dusk Till Dawn. He was wearing a leather jacket and chompin' on a huge-ass cigar. Made my night - I'll tell you what.

tumblr_n61ym2UnjH1rp0vkjo3_500.gif

Qx7bdL5.gif

Friday-the-13th-Part-3-friday-the-13th-24168743-260-109.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

EDIT: Added an 'info' vid to the post, so not to double-post so soon. LOL - still looking into all the details of what this game is n' how it's all gonna work.

maxresdefault.jpg

jason-9-f13game1.jpg

I would absolutely buy a console for this game. 'Ghostbusters the Video Game' was the game that pushed me into buying an XBOX 360. I'd totally make the next-gen leap for this.

Are you guys gonna take the PC route...PS4? XBONE? I'd totally be interested in playing w/ you guys. Hollaaa...

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's out! There isn't a Story Mode - so no worries about spoilers.

@ 2:31 - Play as Tommy Jarvis!

481921.gif

"...a relatively deep cut, for anyone - but the biggest of Friday fans..."

Dafuq-Little-Girl-Meme-18.jpg

Sucks to hear about all the bugs - but it looks like alot of fun w/ friends. Yeah, everyone can't play as Jason - but the cooperation / coop aspect trying to escape / kill Jason looks awesome!

It looks like a survival horror game...obviously, buds w/ mics and a serious love for F13 required to really enjoy this game to the fullest. Don't think that'll be in an upcoming DLC pack. mine.gif

This looks exactly like Dead by Daylight, which is alot more polished and half the price. And you can play as Michael Myers. I love Jason. He is my favorite slasher villain and I was looking forward to this game, but this is a no go from me.

Go check out some gameplay. It's got some original villains, but you can play as Mike, Laurie and some random teens in the Halloween house for one of the levels. It looks pretty sweet actually.

Edited by Axels

^same - i'm a little surprised the multi was ready first; i know some games that's the more desired mode but i didn't imagine that was the case here. ive been reading disappointing stuff but this thing feels like it'd hinge on the single player.

Well the story mode was a stretch goal on the kickstarter, this was initially sold as a multiplayer-only game with no franchise connections but then Sean S. Cunningham decided to give them the rights. I've read about the problems but in this day and age a buggy and underwhelming beta for $40 is a $30 discount from any other new game.

The whole last minute of the vid is just an ad - nothing after, might as well cut it there. Sucks the game wasn't all it could've been - but it was an 'indie' project to begin w/ - so...(shrugs) Still...I would've bought a console for this if it was 'killer'.

At least Story Mode has a chance at being something awesome - even if 'tiny'. I loved Alien Isolation's Nostromo stuff.

• 2 weeks later...