Hondo's Bar

In or Out: Do you keep your packaging?

Keth

Your Collection  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DDu3NKG.jpg

Just curious where people were on this. Personally I hardly ever keep a box or package. Unless it's a game console or something practical, I don't see a reason to keep it for myself. I just like seeing my stuff on a shelf looking nice.

Edited by Axels

Hell yeah, I take 'em out. Life is short - there's no special prize at the end if you've kept your stuff 'un-depreciated'. LOL - I wanna hold it and 'pro-acti-ppreciate'...it...mine.gif

But, I totally keep the board / packaging. That stuff looks nice. Recently got about a dozen Amiibos. I used to be careful and just peel the bubble from the board - hoping to minimize that ripped cardboard ring. Since I got a batch of Star Wars Infinity figures, I've been using a scalpel to carve the bubble out - leaving that plastic ring intact, flush and part of the board. World of difference.

I keep all my boards n' boxes (once I've carefully flattened and folded 'em) in a big binder.

I've always kept things in the packaging. Partly so the value didn't depreciate (even though I don't really plan on selling anything) and partly to keep them from being chewed by animals or otherwise damaged. It wasn't until I met Nick that I finally took a toy out of its packaging. He convinced me to take my Mystic Donatello out of the plastic. It felt so weird and I made a huge production of the whole thing! Haha! But I suppose it is pretty cool to actually be able to hold it and use the different accessories...

It depends for me. There are some things that just look cooler in the packaging to me. Funko's ReAction series is a great example of this. But some things you just have to remove from the packaging. I used to keep blister cards of opened figures, but not anymore. I much prefer the "collector friendly" packiging most $20+ figures are packaged in now days. Blister cards are my nemesis. Back in my peak 3.75" action figure phase I was buying two of each figure--one to take out and one to display in packaging. Not to sell, mind you, but to display as well. It was a problem, but one thankfully short-lived. So, I feel your pain Donatella. ?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
  • Upvote 1