Hondo's Bar

Kojima Productions

Keth

Kojima looking to partner with Sony on first game post-Konami.

[uPDATE and CORRECTION] A new translation of the Nikkei article suggests that Hideo Kojima is not in fact in discussions to form a new Sony studio. Rather, the report appears to claim he's launching a new studio of his own with other former Kojima Productions staffers and is in negotiations with Sony to have their first game debut on PlayStation. No further details about Kojima's next game are available.

Metal Hills and Silent Gear incoming

5Xziwcd.jpg

iwsV4wg.gif

Edited by Axels

yeah, figured they'd be the ones to pick him up - they've had a great relationship for years. wonder if he finally gets onto his not-ZOE project, or something more Snatcher related? he has to leave the names behind, but it clearly felt like he was building a universe at times. down for whatever's next.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Kojima wants to stay independent - Rejected 'ridiculously high' acquisition offers

from his podcast (which has been really good so far, he was just talking with jordan peele recently there)

'Let me reiterate that we are indies,' he said on the most recent episode of his Brain Structure podcast. 'We have no affiliations whatsoever and we are not backed by anyone.
'And every day I am approached by offers all over the world to buy our studio. Some of those offers are ridiculously high prices but it's not that I want money. I want to make what I want to make. That's why I created this studio.

nothing but respect for this - i do wish he could somehow get the rights to his older konami works (snatcher, policenauts) one day

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 3:30 AM, The NZA said:

Kojima wants to stay independent - Rejected 'ridiculously high' acquisition offers

from his podcast (which has been really good so far, he was just talking with jordan peele recently there)

nothing but respect for this - i do wish he could somehow get the rights to his older konami works (snatcher, policenauts) one day

If Pachinko Popularity continues to drop like this, Konami might feel the need to make up capital by selling older IPs? Wishful thinking but nice thought. 

• Hmmm 1

last i'd read years back, they were going in heavy on health clubs - i tale your meaning though, with them back to farming out silent hill (and possibly old metal gears) may all their other endeavors fail them & their IP find better homes!

it was so cool watching tim schafer & co get the rights to some of their classic games back, i'd be so happy to see kojima get at least entirely unused stuff like snatcher and policenauts

• Like 1