Hondo's Bar

10 Cloverfield Lane

Keth

I had to leave the theater during the first Cloverfield because I got terrible motion sickness from the shaky camera. So I'm not too familiar with it, but this trailer seems like it has little to do with the original. Is that accurate?

Hmm. Looking at the Wiki page they're calling it a "spiritual sequel."

A spiritual successor,sometimes called a spiritual sequel, is a successor to a work of fiction which does not build upon the storyline established by a previous work as do most traditional prequels or sequels, yet features many of the same elements, themes, and styles as its source material, thereby resulting in it being related or similar "in spirit" to its predecessor.

Interesting.

It looks like it's a side story that takes place during (or most likely after) the aftermath of the first movie. As much as I'd like a true sequel, I'm ok with an experimenty thing like this. Especially if I get to see John Goodman play crazy.

6Kw6ZtX.jpg

Edited by Axels

It looks like it's a side story that takes place during (or most likely after) the aftermath of the first movie. As much as I'd like a true sequel, I'm ok with an experimenty thing like this. Especially if I get to see John Goodman play crazy.

Agreed! I enjoy when stories have limitations like taking place in a single day or location. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it's quite fascinating the way writers and actors work within the restrictions. Hmm. Trying to think of some good examples! I enjoyed Rear Window, 12 Angry Men, 127 Hours, and Panic Room for their creative use of limited space/actors!

Agreed! I enjoy when stories have limitations like taking place in a single day or location. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it's quite fascinating the way writers and actors work within the restrictions. Hmm. Trying to think of some good examples! I enjoyed Rear Window, 12 Angry Men, 127 Hours, and Panic Room for their creative use of limited space/actors!

Phone Booth and Buried are other ones. Buried is one that I loved, but can't watch again. It does a great job of making you feel like you are in a coffin underground.

Phone Booth and Buried are other ones. Buried is one that I loved, but can't watch again. It does a great job of making you feel like you are in a coffin underground.

Yes! I enjoyed Phone Booth much more than I thought I would! And I feel the same way about Buried. Interesting concept, pretty well executed but I couldn't watch it again.

I'd probably dig this more if it wasn't trying to tie-in with Cloverfield. I haven't got the patience for any more of this mystery box shit that never gets answered.

Yeah I'm not sure I even understand the "spiritual" tie-in here. Might help if I could actually finish Cloverfield. I enjoyed what little I saw of it! Maybe seeing it on a smaller screen wouldn't make me so sick.