Hondo's Bar

Dusty-ass people talmbout dusty-ass bat flicks

I really don't know why more women don't use those shots as examples when explaining the sexualization of women in popular culture, it is THE perfect parallel.

Joel Schumacher is fucking insane but he's a film-maker I'll always watch because I know he's at least got an interesting take. His Batman movies are far more cohesive than Burton's once you finally figure out the weird angle from which he's approaching the subject matter.

I'll just leave these here.

"If there's anyone that let's say loved Batman Forever and went into Batman & Robin with great anticipation, if I disappointed them in anyway, then I really want to apologize, cause it wasn't my intention. My intention was just to entertain them".

"I think I'm the most envious of Chris Nolan because he got to do 'The Dark Knight' -- and that's the one I begged to do as my second Batman film," Schumacher told IFC. "I wanted to do a whole other thing, because we had kind of re-invented franchise with Val [Kilmer as Batman [in 'Batman Forever'] and it was a very young, sexy, and much less expensive movie. We brought in Robin and I wanted to make 'The Dark Knight' desperately, but the studio didn't want that and it's their money and they're my bosses."

James Berardinelli questioned the "random amount of rubber nipples and camera angle close-ups of the Dynamic Duo's butts and Bat-crotches."[13] Similar to Batman Forever, this primarily included the decision to add nipples and enlarged codpieces to Batman and Robin suits. Schumacher stated, "I had no idea that putting nipples on the Batsuit and Robin suit were going to spark international headlines. The bodies of the suits come from ancient Greek statues, which display perfect bodies. They are anatomically correct."[12]

George Clooney joked, "Joel Schumacher told me we never made another Batman film because Batman was gay."