Hondo's Bar

Married With Children

mwc-revival-pic.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

the show premiered 30 years ago today! how you like them apples, nemo!?

nomaam2.jpg

f8c5d5e97805ec07dadcdb2399ce904d.jpg

giphy12.gif

S7XGr.gif

A46RSWC.gif

o-KATEY-SAGAL-570.jpg?3

• Upvote 1

One of my all-time favorites! Like so many, it was a big part of my childhood. I didn't understand at the time that it had been cancelled so I was crazy disappointed by the ending! I thought they'd written it that way on purpose. I wonder what David Faustino's been up to!

One of my all-time favorites! Like so many, it was a big part of my childhood. I didn't understand at the time that it had been cancelled so I was crazy disappointed by the ending! I thought they'd written it that way on purpose. I wonder what David Faustino's been up to!

He was the voice of Mako in Legend of Korra.

Oh cool! Good for him!

NZA and I are five episodes into the first season over here. It holds up so well! The pilot was shaky, as they tend to be when shows are finding their bearings. But it got really funny, really fast! I'd forgotten how the show changed over the years. In season one, Kelly is young, covered up and portrayed as less of a bimbo. Peggy and Al are much more affectionate. They have lots of food in the house. Just little differences from the running jokes they become later in the series!

"Hooters, Hooters...yum, yum, yum - Hooters, Hooters on a girl that's dumb."

Got the Complete Series on DVD awhile back - I was sooo pumped, sent Panch a pic @ the store picking it up! LOL - I just had to share my excitement! It was like, $25 - blink.png Super-Score!

Sat n' marathoned the whooole thing w/ my gf - over a week. The first 2 seasons are absolutely freakin' classic. Can't tell you how much I loved that show when it was hot. That and the Simpsons were mandatory. People who were around know first-hand how those 2 shows changed the landscape.

The show does evolve - notice how Al's tie begins to shrink...the show essentially becomes a cartoon! Unfortunately, there's a point (Season 6?) where the reflex laughter...pause...reflex laughter, hootin' n' hollering, cat calls and whistles start to wear on you - when you put hours...aaand hours in. LOL - space out a marathon - the show can turn on you - LOL

Soooo many classic episodes - I'd put that 'Foodies Super Market Shopping Spree 2-Parter' very high up as one of my personal favs.

f53692e9d956cc5c1410a5e5ce9779af-25773-512-341.jpg

"Uh, ma'am...I believe you dropped your...eggs."

MARRIED07.jpg

"Thank you, market dweller."

"Thank you."

EDIT:

A46RSWC.gif

^ LOL!!!!! CLASSIC!

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 1 year later...