Hondo's Bar

He-Man

Benz

I heard a rumor from a reliable source that He-Man's coming to Cartoon Network in the fall!!!! I'm going to check it out and see if it's true. I really hope it is! Also, Transformoers are supposed to be on ther in Fall too! I'll see what I can find out!

:D   :approve:

Hmm....Cartoon Network's been droppin those 2 names for years now, but i hope youre right: that'd be really cool.

Caught some He-Man episodes off of Kaza...dont get me wrong, ill be happy to see it back & try to catch it when i can, but like GI Joe, i dont know if He-Man stands the test of time..i was far more easily amused as a kid, i think.  

Still, with the new He-Man figures on their way out, this is pretty cool. I think my only complaint on the old series is the same i had for most action cartoons like that: why didnt the good guy kill the bad guy in the fina episode? If you know He-Man's goin off the air at the season's end, why not make the last few episodes an all-out battle, with He-Man's buddies overrunnin Snake Mountain? Argh, itdve been cool.

sdcon24.jpg

Check him out...whaddya think, Benny?

Not bad, :irish: , but I still like the one I had as a kid better. It was the one you could put caps from a cap gun in his back, and every time you made him punch.... BAM! the cap would fire...  :D

Anyways, I just found confirmation of my rumor...

Cartoon Network

With last year's Turner reorganization, Kids' WB! and Cartoon Network became more like sister networks, Kids' WB! being the favored one. Cartoon Network's popular Toonami block, which continually beats MTV's TRL in teenagers, was shortened from 4 PM - 7 PM, to 5 PM to 7 PM. A Kids' WB! version was launched this past season, however, it is being discontinued this summer. As a result, Toonami will expand once again to three hours. The block will also air new series, "Transformers: Armada," "He-Man: Masters of the Universe," "G-Gundam" and "Big O 2."

Here is the site with this and more info:Toon Zone

:D  :approve:

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Transfromers. I just like He-Man better. In a sense he was like a super saiyan, 'cause when he brought out that sword, and said "By the power of Grayskull.... I have the power!!!" :D Look out, because he was powered up and nothing could stop him.

:D

From what I hear from all this, Anime is taking over. It's pretty cool.

I remember watching He-man when I was little, around the same time as Thundercats. All I remember from He-man is the little guy with the pointed hat... I think... But you know, I saw a few episodes of thundercats when they were showing it on Cartoon Network and it's still cool but I think it's one of those "only good when your a kid" things. So, I'm not really expecting much from He-man even though both series are cool! :D

Yeah She-Ra was cool....a bit of a butch but she was cool... and He-man Rocks I Remember playing with my neighbors Castle Grey skull and making barbie the Evil witch..don't ask I just never liked Barbie.. hell I used to rip off there heads and make them into little voodoo dolls..hehehehe :wary:

I hope no one thinks I am weird after his post....

The original He-Man was the tops. About a year or two ago i seen an episode called 'The new Adventures of He-man' and hated it, i thought i was seeing things when i seen the updated Skeletor, total pish! The same thing was done with 'Watership Down', some things are better left alone!

Funny thing was i was just thinking about The Transformers today and how a long time ago, i gave away all my figures to a charity shop (along with Star Wars stuff), Doh!

The only other cartoons i'd like to see again that i can think of at the moment (originals from when i was a kid) would be 'Thundercats' and the absolutely brilliant 'Ulysees', what was the name of Ulysees's on board computer again?

Oh and Tom & Jerry is still the bees kness! ( i heard a rumour that it's banned in Sweden or Denmark for being too violent!? )

Can't help with the name of the on-board computer Judge but I remember everyone looking like the Daft Punk videos' characters. And just for nostalgia, I vaguely remember the theme:

Ulys-e-u-e-u-es!!

While we're at nostalgic cartoons, (not recommendations) does anyone remember the Centurions, MASK or Once Upon A Time:Life?!

LOL, that Ulysees tune! I still remember most of the words...

Ulysees, Ulysees, Soaring through all the galaxies,

In search of Earth, Flying into the night,

Ulysee-ee-ee-ee-ees, No-one else can do the things you do!

Ulysee-ee-ee-ee-ees...

Shit! That's all i can remember!

Sorry KOS, but i can't remember Centurions or Once Upon A Time:Life. MASK rings a bell although i was more a Visionaires watcher mesel'!

:::Runs a muck::

Underdog                                             Underdog

Underdog            Underdog

Underdog

Underdog

Underdog                              Underdog

Underdog                           Underdog

Underdog

Underdog

Actually, I don't know if I'm just restating the obvious cause you guys already figured this part out, but it's not the original he-man or transformers series they're bringing back.  From what that Toon-Zone website said, it looks like toonami will be airing a new series based on the release of new He-Man toys from Mattel and the release of new Transformer toys from Hasbro.  I'm thinking that this means they will be creating a whole new series like they did for Justice League and the new Batman series.

In that case, I'm not sure what to expect.  Yeah, I was a huge fan of He-Man as a kid (shut up, and yes, I did have all the He-Man toys before She-ra came out-- it's a wonder I didn't turn out as a lesbian.... heh.)  Um, yeah, so, anyway....

As I was saying, I'd love to see He-Man come back into popularity, but the animation style of the original He-Man was so different from what Cartoon Network has been using for the majority of their new series.  I wonder if they will go with this saturated-color, blocky animation style they use in Samurai Jack and Justice League?  I'm not saying that I don't like it, but just that I wonder how He-man is going to look....

And in any case, I never realized when I was three years old that the He-Man and She-Ra cartoon series were just marketing ploys to get American children demanding the next cool He-Man/She-Ra toy from their parents.  I mean, yeah, I had the toys (and trust me, after she-ra came out, I pestered my parents into every she-ra toy that existed... my little He-Man figure would go to She-ra's castle and they would fight all kinds of things... Say-- Does anybody want to play pretend?  Sorry, short attention span.)  My point is that I was totally manipulated into buying exactly what they wanted me to buy.  Urgh, I feel so used.  But then again, I'm still a fan.  (And you have to admit that She-ra was hot!  And her best friend... Glimmer....mmmmm....Purple hair.....)

Anyway, I know that Cartoon Network is still pulling the same ploy in running a cartoon series to sell a toy line, but doesn't it seem sad that we're commercializing and materializing our kids- not to mention ourselves-  so young (and so blatently)?

Don't get me wrong-- I love the Cartoon Network.  They're cool.  heh heh.  But seriously, it is kinda creepy that we're so complacent with the unadulterated manipulative power that television holds over us.

Ok, I'm going to go download the trailer for the new PowerPuff girls movie!  July 3, 2002!  WooHoo!!!!

:buttercup: :blossom: :bubbles:

:D

Buttercup Rocks!

Well Athena i did realise it was a new series of He-Man, just that i got a little nostalgic. I'm not saying any new toon will be any worse than an original (until i watch it), it's just that when you grow up with something like that, that you have good memories of and then it gets updated and changed, well, i can't help feel a little dissapointed!

The best He-man action figure i had was Meck-A-Kneck ( i think he was called? )

• 1 month later...
Guest Yahve

Interesting fact

The sequel to "Masters of the Universe" was eventually re-written into the film that became "Cyborg" starring Jean Claude Van Damme.