Hondo's Bar

10 REASONS ANIME SUCKS...............

bacchus

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think it sucked ass too - that it was an anime for kids whove never seen anime - mainly 'cause the pace of it, my god, its terribly slow.

The one thing ill give it tho is that Kee showed me a anime music video (i like those things) of Dragonball/Z/GT etc collaged to the Dust Brothers "This is your life" from the movie Fight Club, was one of the best anime music vids ive seen, mad the series look fuckin cool.

On that note, my personal favorites of anime music videos besides that one are FF IX - U2 (elevation), Macross Plus - Oasis (D'yer wanna be a spaceman), and quite possibly Ranma 1/2 - Proclaimers (500 miles).  Also, Spiffytee showed me a great one back in the day called "On your Mark", think it mightve been by Katsuhiro Otomo, same guy as Akira, but i could be wrong.

:D I hate subtitles...I watch movies in Italian which I speak and it has subtitles...and then there is anime...even though there is a much better translation through subtitles they drive me freaking crazy I swear they do...I especially hate it when they go by way to fast...thank god for rewind and remote controls....

Even so, ya can get used to it most times...you cant honestly prefer shitty dubbin, can you? Ive noticed that OAV's with their higher budget can get decent/good dubbin, but series often suck.

I still havent seen past season 2 of Ranma 1/2, 'cause i saw one episdoe dubbed...:ill:

Subtitles alla way, unless they move too damn quick. :afro:

I'd have to put in another vote for subs.  Stuff is rarely ever given a decent dubbing job, (Akira, Crouching tiger hidden dragon dvd and uh.....) and even if the translation subtitled isn't much better, dubbed voices make the most serious thing in the world seem cheesy.  They always put in the wrong accent.  (In foreign movies, everyone is british, Chow tun fat? Give him a british accent. French people in City of lost children?  hell, they can have a british accent too)  And in anime, everyone sounds like a 6 year old girl.  Only thing that annoys me about subbing is that it takes attention away from the cool visuals in anime and movies,  but I just try to see stuff twice then.

See, that's the thing.  Kee's still a big fan, Artistic likes it too, this guy SSJ4Benny who dont come round much...most folks give it up when they see other fightin anime, and there's lots of that.  I can see where it'd be cool but i guess its the pace of the show. I remember watchin part of when Freeza killed Vegita or somethin, that shit was goin on long after the 4-5 episodes i was tryin to watch.  ???

• 1 month later...

I began to watch Dragon Ball Z when it came out I saw maybe...what like 6-7 episodes...its ok the animation has gotten better as the series progresses but I don't like it that much I am more into funny anime and more into suspense anime..I don't like much fighting anime... I loved Jubei Chan I thought It was adorable..and it was not subtittled...I don't like subtittle but I have to say that it is nice to watch an anime and understand exactly what is going on not what they say is going on even though Jubei Chan doesn't do that.. :D

JUBEI JUBEI JUBEI!!!

Argh without havin seen it, that series kinda offends me, its not Jubei...

Ninja Scroll, Ninja Scroll Ressurection: those are Jubei.  Its a bloody action series, not cute chan girls...anger.  Anyway, Mulan (:kitty:) says she likes it too so it can be bad, just bastardized...

jubei.jpg

By the way Super, just because you are watching an anime in english and the fact that you can understand what they are talking about doesn't mean that the people doing the dubbing did an excellent job.

In most anime, they fuck up not only on the subtitles, but on the dubbing as well. For example blue seed. At the end of the series the shot fades out and all of a sudden you hear kissing noises. This is only when you are watching it dubbed. But when you watch it with the subtitles, you don't hear anime. It just says the end. Remember that american's like to fuck around with the original story and change it in some way. Even if it's not a major change.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Alita. I  believe in subtitles until I learn Japanese. Reason being is that when something is dubbed, it's been translated, sure yeah, but the problem is that they TRY to make it actually look like the character is actually saying it so they add and delete some words from the translation and sometimes change the storyline.

Subtitles are sometimes wrong also, but at least you understand most of the Real storyline. Don't get me started with the dubbed version of Sailor Moon and the two scouts that are "cousins". HA!

Besides that, the people that dubb japanese movies haven't perfected it yet either; they still have the mouths moving with no words coming out. :0

I'm glad there was a dragonballs option. That show is quite possibly the one anime that makes me want to bash my forehead in with sharp implements.

Hey, if you think Dragon Ball is that bad, then maybe you should bash your head in!  :hmph:

well I know that Alita I mean come on I know that the subtittles are better but damn them to hell!!! I just can't stand reading maybe its cause I am going blind and I have to sit close to read it...hmm :thinking:

I still say artistic has pussy envy..... :D

• 5 months later...

AAAAARRRRRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats wrong with you people? is your life so empty that braindead, unartistic, meaningless, comercialized, formulaic nonsence gives you a sence of fullfilment?

buy a *)%$#$ puppy already.