Hondo's Bar

X-Men powers

The NZA

Which X-Man's powers would you want the most?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, used to have this discussion alla time, now its time to be realstic...who's powers would you want, and why? They each have their downsides as well, which would be most practical for how you lead your life, or which would bring about an entirely new life you'd care to lead? Here's a breakdown:

Cyclops - Powerful eye beams, you can focus em to precision and shoot out locks, etc...not sure how good it is day-to-day, but as far as your eyes shooting everywhere, you can get ruby-quartz contacts, so its not insane.

Xavier - Omega-class telepathy; you can read & control the mind of almost anyone on the planet, once youve had a long time to practice. You can also lose that control if you dont continue focusing...not to mention, until you hone the power, others thoughts might invade your head...

Colossus - Your skin can instantly be wrapped in organic metal, thus making your essentially indestructible. Bullet-proof is a nice ability, if youre the kinda fella that gets shot a lot.

Wolverine - Ok, he gets a lot of lower powers, so to lower the scales, no claws for you, even if they are biological. Heightened senses - you can see for miles, smell as powerful as a dog (pick up phernomes & such), excellent hearing - and a healing factor. Its not godly; grevious lethal injuries like losing your head are just that, but you can survive gunshots & such, over a day or so, but remember: you may heal, but you feel every cut, every bruise.

Angel - You can fly, high as oxegyn levels allow, and we all know you want to. But, you'd have to do it in secrecy, wouldnt you? How fast could you fly, faster than you can walk? How much strength would it take to do so? Some gray area here?

Gambit - Sorry, ya dont get his style, but kinetic/potential energy: you can charge things and make them explosive, or just...look cool.

Magneto - Now we're talkin...this is another godly power. You can affect magnetic fields, you can control any metal. Day to day...youd make a badass construction worker at the least.

Rogue - You can take energy from others, temporarily or forever if you push it. Not that you get super-powers if no one but you's got em, but you could certainly make yourself powerful. There's potential for interesting shit here, i think.

Storm - Weather control....you could have a helluva farm, at least. If not, this one's gotta be cool at parties.

As for others, Beast is rather intelligent, and the rest: if you wanna know, consult the Official Marvel Encyclopeia vol 2: X-Men - a cool book i gots - or just ask away, im a fanboy on this one.

..I, of course, go for Wolvy: heightened senses would be really, really helpful for fire & day to day life i think, and a healing factor that retards age, stops permanent injury, etc...dont get me wrong, id love to control metals & fly, but i really think id get the most use out of this.

I'd pick Xavior and make everyone my mind controled slaves, or just get my way all the time. Pretty evil but what the hell, once I have the good life there wouldn't be any real reason to control anyone's lives anymore. I just think this power can make life one hell of a lot easier.

Oh it also seems that you forgot Jean Grey, she's not as powerful as Xavior but she does have telekinesis and that's a plus.

I think I'd go with Angel. I can't see myself using many of the other powers in day-to-day stuff (maybe Gambit's...look at me everybody, my pencil is glowing and pulsating with power!). Wolvy's heightened senses would be cool, but I think a greater sense of hearing, smell, etc. would give you one major headache if you had it constantly. So, yeah, I'd pick Angel.

I think the benefit of Rogue's power is directly proportional to how many mutants are around you and how cool their powers are. If I picked Rogue, and noone else in the world was a mutant, that would be kind lame. I could still get strength and memories and basical hold anyone's life in my hands, as long as I could reach them, but it would be my first choice. But I have to say I'm leanign towards Xavier, as long as I don't have to be in a wheelchair. Well, it it was that bitchin flying wheelchair, that's be cool.

Cool, cool, got some votes (where's SB's Angel one?), but funny how this one echoes the groundhog day: some of us wanna live better, but a few of you want everyone else to be your bitch...that's a trip. It's almost a good thing these powers dont befall anyone, eh? "I'd mentally control everyone or just steal their powers!"..heh, what are we sayin of ourselves here anyway? Im glad a lot of us arent becoming cops, from that mentaility...hah. Wanna hear more on this one tho.

PS I forgot Nightcrawler! Teleportation, and agility. As for Jean, she's a low level Xavier.

Comics_Storm.gifsupers_psylocke.gifsupers_archangel.gifsupers_nightcrawler.gifsuperheroes_JeanGrey.gifsupers_gambit.gifsuperheroessupervillains_jubilee.gifsupers_rogue.gifwolverine5.gifxmen.gif

As for Jean, she's a low level Xavier.

That's not true! As Sephiroth pointed out, Jean doesn't have Xavier's level of telepathy, but she has telekenesis, which might not make her better than Xavier, but makes her different.

By the way, the Jubilee avatarsuperheroessupervillains_jubilee.gif, is it from the 90's animated series? It looks like it, but it's hard to tell.

Anyway despite the wheelchair, I'd also go with Quicksilver.(who can run really fast like 700 mph or something I think) That way I wouldn't need to deal with having a car and it can make long chores finish faster. Not to mention being fast is pretty damn cool.

Ok, for some dork physics....if you could move at his speed (good call Jon, he's about the speed of sound or so), could your body handle it? Assuming it could, could you react quick enough not to explode runnin into shit? Also, would your girlefriend appreciate the speed? Sorry, too easy...but yeah he's a valid option too.

Just so were on the same page: Xavier's a telepath, affecting the minds of others & some astral plane, whereas a telekinetic like Jean (with a certain level of telepathy as well, tho low when she's not the Phoenix) can physically move things with her mind. That's what you guys meant, right? If you could move shit with your mind, would this just be for cleanin your room or wha? If so, why not just be Magneto?

Jax, i think it might be but its a lil more detailed, so mebbe not. Incidentally, im dyin to pick up that series on VCD...ebay lets it go around thirty bucks these days. Not very excellent dialogue & such, but dead on from the comics anyway...was really fun shit. So, no one digs Nightcrawler? I thought teleportation would be a fun one, in a practical sense...

Also, bear in mind how covert you might need to be if youre the only one of your kind out there & dont want government types fucking with you, i.e., if you run fast as shit or fly, you might need to be slick about it...

Yeah, I'm tempted to go for Nightcrawler. As long as there was some way around the "can't teleport where I can't see" thing. I mean, I understand the fear of teleporting inside a wall, but what good is teleportation if you can't teleport over to Seattle or something? And if you got Nightcrawler's powers, would you also get his looks, too. I don't particularly want to have to figure out how I'm going to fit my tail into every pair of pants I try to buy (assuming they let three-fingered, blue-skinned devil-lookin' people into department stores).

And as for the telekinesis, Magento's powers are a little limiting. What if I just wanna float my glass of Coke across the room without getting off the couch? What id I wanna make someone's hairpiece float off their head at an opportune moment? How about if I wanna keep this pencil that I keep losing just hovering in front of me? With telekinesis you can move "all kinds of things"!

Silent Bob took the words right out of my mouth. Xavier has hella telepathy, Magneto can move metal, but Jean has some telepathy and can move metals and non-metals (and metaliods from chemistry buffs). So Jean is a legitimate choice, not just the weaker version of Xavier or Magneto. Plus Jean has boobies, and if I were her, I could play with them.

hhmm, being a chick. Would you be a lesbian or would you be heterosexual? Also if I chose quicksilver, I would use his powers in mostly in open areas. Yea and I'm not too fond of being blue with three fingers and toes with a tail (actually a tail might not be bad-that without the clothing thing)

Ok...just remember, Jean's powers in that department are limited, whereas Magneto's arent so much. As for Nightcrawler, not sure bout the porting rule, but for the sake of argument, lets stick to powers and not the look - i didnt say id get all hairy and shorter for pickin Wolvy.

Boobies are good, but why not be Psylocke? Hot asian ninja chick...I'm surprised tho, no one really wants to fly it seems. Lets see s'more votes!

As for Nightcrawler, not sure bout the porting rule, but for the sake of argument, lets stick to powers and not the look - i didnt say id get all hairy and shorter for pickin Wolvy.

Well Wolvy's look doesn't have anything to with his mutation. He just happens to be a short hairy guy. I dunno if Nightcrawler's teleportation ability has to come with blue skin and three fingers...it might be some sorta mutant necessity or somethin'.

Technically....he's hairy but he cant get rid of it; the healing factor creates a complete homeostasis, as his hair just regrows if cut, albeit not always to the same length. Barry Windsor-Smith clearly illustrates this in the now-classic "Marvel Presents: Weapon X" and furthermore....whoah, after a few drinks, you really realize how much of a fanboy you are.

hhmm, being a chick. Would you be a lesbian or would you be heterosexual?

From the movie "The Good Girl": If I were a girl, I'd be a slut! A lesbian slut!

Boobies are good, but why not be Psylocke? Hot asian ninja chick

In that case, why not Morph or Mystique? I could morph into a really hot chick and just play with myself all day.

he's hairy but he cant get rid of it; the healing factor creates a complete homeostasis, as his hair just regrows if cut,

Has he ever tried to wax it? Or how about electrolysis. Or how about Nads. I just like saying Nads. Nads, Nads, Nads, Nads.

? Some pretty versatile ones in there, i thought...what kind of combination are you lookin for, organic metal skin + flight or wha?

"to over specialize is to to invite weakens"

...you...you were the one who wanted somethin more versatile and...ok, screw it, Celso's vote is nullified. So, Zangief, how do ya think you'd use the good professor's powers in everyday life?

There was a time when I would've said that a product with a name like Nads would probably never be able to do what they say it does. Then I drank Bawls.

There was a FIU program thing over at the apartments that was sponsered by Bawls when they were just getting big. There was free Bawls there. I keep on walking up to girls asking them if they would hold by Bawls for a minute. I didn't get any that night, but it makes for a good story.

Archived