Hondo's Bar

Most memorable/hummable Elfman Score

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beetlejuice, one of the first of his I'd heard, maybe not his best, but it's the one that stuck with me most. Didn't know he did Mission Impossible, probably forgot cos he didn't do the main theme.

It'd be cool to have a thread (or threads) to vote for best score ever, I'd nominate Das Boot, Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, Brazil and Requiem for a Dream for starters.

I think Batman's definitely the most memorable in the list, but I woulda chosen some of the songs from Nightmare Before Christmas as the most hummable. And yeah he did do the score for the first Mission: Impossible movie, but that doesn't count cause the best part of that score was already written for him.

Wow... you forgot nightmare before christmas?  I thought that you didn't put it in because it's not really all a score, the entire thing's a musical so it kind of makes it a different thing altogether, my vote definately would have gone to that, I love that movie, know all the words to the soundtrack...

The one thing I was really dissapointed in in spiderman was the score.  It seemed like he just threw in the shit left over from batman.  I don't think he should have done the music for spiderman at all.  Spiderman and batman are almost opposites... they should not have similar scores, I liked his score for planet of the apes (like the movie or not, danny elfman tried something different, did kind of an electronic theme that was interesting) more than spiderman's music.

By the way, I'm totally surprised that I was the only one to go with the Simpsons on the poll. Next time you watch the Simpson (shouldn't be TOO long for any of us here :D ), listen to it carefully. It's a damn good theme song. Very complex and well orcastrated.