Hondo's Bar

Favorite Beatles Ablum

Reverend Jax

Which is your favorite Beatles Album  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did one of these years ago here. But the group has changed, and the opinions of the members that are the same could easily have changed. What young person has the same favorite Beatles album their whole life? Honestly? No one, that's who. Also, the old board only allow ten poll choices, and images couldn't be options.

For these reasons and more I present a new Favorite Beatles album poll.

B000002UA9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Youthful, raw, rough around the edges, packs a punch. I Saw Her Stand There is one of the catchiest song ever, and who can resist Twist And Shout?

B000002UAC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cleaner, more focused and more solid than Please Please Me. My personnal favorites of this album are It Won't Be Long and I Wanna Be Your Man.

B000002UAF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

More pop, less punch.

B000002UAI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Who would vote for this album?

B000002UAL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's not quite out of Hard Day's Night terrority yet, but signs of Rubber Soul ahead. Classics as well as mediocre tracks abound.

B000002UAO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The turning point! This albums, like all after it are pure genius. Soulful, personnal, funny, and intelligent.

B000002UAR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

No going back for the Beatles. Vh1 calls this the Greatest Album of All Time. Hard to make a better argument for many other albums.

B000002UAU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The one most people associate with being the best and if you've never heard A Day In The Life, you couldn't possible understand why.

B00005GL0W.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The original EP was weak compared to Pepper's. Stick 5 smash hits, including possible John Lennon's best song, Strawberry Fields Forever, and suddenly it ain't too shabby a disc.

B000002UAX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

If this is your favorite Beatles album, that doesn't make you a psychopathic killer, but if you're a psychopathic killer, that makes this your favorite Beatles album.

B000002UB3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

God this album still blows me away!

B000002UB6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's no Abbey Road, but it's full of great songs like Two Of Us, Across The Universe and I've Got A Feeling.

B0000DJZA5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Strip away Phil Spector's production, and it's like a whole new album. Actually, it's not. It's almost exactly the same.

B00004ZAV3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Vote for this to say to the world "I know shit and am a douche bag!"

Vote for this to say to the world "I know shit and am a douche bag!"

Well my darling Jax, there's only one reason why I voted for this option...I like compilation CD's that I can listen to a large array of songs I like...since I like all Beatles songs, a CD full of their #1's obviously would be on my fave's list. Even though my all-time Beatles fave's are not on it...

I also have the three Beatles anthologies...but does that even count since it's not the versions of the songs that were put out on radio?

I like compilation CD's that I can listen to a large array of songs

Revolver has Taxman, Elanor Rigby, Here There And Everywhere, Yellow Submarine, For No One and Tomorrow Never Dies. A large array of different kinds of songs there never was.

I think the Beatles albums hold together better than any compilation. Compilations had only radio-appropriate songs, but the albums took you on journey from pop to rock to ballad to bizzare. Though all the songs on any album were all recorded at the same time (some all within a 24 to 48 hour period), they are more diverse than the compilation that span 8 years.

The albums are so much more satisfying to play as a whoel than any of the compilations, whether it be the Red Album, Blue Album, or 1.

I'm gonna hold off on this one (like I did in the battle of the nubian princesses :D )

Jax - did you listen to the Live at the BBC CD? That shit is great - and the covers...wow..."I Got a Woman" and "I'm gonna sit right down and cry (Over You)" are fucking brilliant and the little interview snippets and sound-bites are class.

Jax - did you listen to the Live at the BBC CD? That shit is great - and the covers...wow..."I Got a Woman" and "I'm gonna sit right down and cry (Over You)" are fucking brilliant and the little interview snippets and sound-bites are class.

I must agree, it's definately awesome.

• 1 year later...

Archived