Hondo's Bar

October Baseball

Electric Duadoman

Who will win the World Series?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gotta go with the Red Sox. They're doing better than they have in a loooonnnng time. Plus, if they make it, I'll actually be around for the parties in Boston. Oh, and we have a secret weapon! My Irish grandmother! :irish: She watches every game, and whenever she starts coaching them, they win. *knocks on wood*

Former NL MVP Caminiti, 41, dies of heart attack

Oct. 11, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- Ken Caminiti, the 1996 National League MVP who later admitted using steroids during his major league career, died Sunday. He was 41.

Caminiti died of a heart attack in the Bronx, said his agent-lawyer Rick Licht. The city medical examiner's office said an autopsy would be performed Monday, spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Last night, it's what October baseball is all about. End of the 6th, it looks as if The BoSox are gonna get shut out 6-0, and Mussina is pitching the game of his life. Top 8th, 2 outs, runners on 1st and 3rd, it's a 8-7 ballgame. Bring in a man, baseball's premier closer, a man who lost 2 family members in an accident at his house in Panama this past weekend, who only arrived at Yankee Stadium in the 3rd inning, to decide the game. End result? 10-7 Yanks. Although I'm rooting for Boston, it was a great story, and classic baseball. Who says Baseball is not the world's greatest sport?

Bring in a man, baseball's premier closer, a man who lost 2 family members in an accident at his house in Panama this past weekend, who only arrived at Yankee Stadium in the 3rd inning, to decide the game

I didn't know that. Wow. He pitched excellently in the closing innings, using his cutter pitch to good effect.

I came close to turning off the tv last night at around the 6th inning and doing something else. I was so pissed at the Red Sox. Yes, Mussina was pitching well, but no hits. NO HITS after 6 innings! Damon the Sox star opening batter struck out 3 times! :D

But then of course Mark Bellhorn the unlikely hero got the first hit and the tide turned. Some fantastic hits and some laughable Yankees errors made it a great ballgame. Really whet my appetite for tonight. I can smell blood.

TulipO, I think someone mighta taken my suggestion seriously, went to Yankee Stadium, and performed an Exorcism!

No, No, No, No stupeed Yankees! Who's your daddy now, huh? Tht's right, you know not to mess wit the Irish. We got priests watchin our games. Between them and our players we're gonna REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!!!!!!

I tell you, this is absolutely nuts. I was at Doral Ale house and damn you wouldn't believe the number of Yankee and Red soxs fans there are in Florida (we do have the Marlins people, remember? 2003 WS champs??). Anywho, it was exciting. Sucks tho, the man standing to reverse the curse, Game 7 starter for the Red Sox, is Wakefield. :D

Lowe did a great job in the playoffs last season. It was Boston's "hero" (Pedro) who screwed it up last year. But that WON'T happen again. We are going to kick some Yankee ASS tonight!!!

*sad that Nomar couldn't hang in a little longer for this.

YEAH! I was saying the same thing about Bellhorn! I was like "Who's this useless bastard?!" And then BOOM. Similar to Aaron Boone's hated success of last year...that reminds me. I seem to have forgotton my mission to hunt and kill Aaron Boone...y'know, just on principle. :D

Archived