Hondo's Bar

Jay-Z

BigChiefSlapaho

What is Jay-Z's greatest album  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll let you borrow it Nick, it's hands down the best Jay-Z CD. It's him at his rawest. All hot tracks, including "Can't Knock the Hustle" feat. Mary J, "Brooklyn's Finest" feat. Biggie, and my all-time favorite song, "Feelin it". It's one of the CD's on constant rotation in my car. I really liked the Black Album, and the Blueprint, but Reasonable Doubt takes the cake. :D

I went with Hard Knock Life. I think that's the album that really put Jay-Z into superstardom. At least 1/2 of the album is great music. He had more hits off of that album than any other. Every album since this point has been great, the earlier ones were very good but not classic like this one IMO.

I gotta go with Blueprint... not a lacking track on there. Life and Times holds a special place in my heart as my first Jay-Z album, and the only one I know all the words to. (And because of how many road trips have started with "I want you to roll alla your windows down. I don't care if it's the middle of winter...")

But Blueprint? Damn. From the "Girls" remix, to "Renegade", (where Jigga and Em both brought the best of their own sounds with enough taste of the other's to keep it new,) to the battle rap against Nas... damn.

-DG

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

well, not quite on par with black ablum yet, for me.

lotta hustler tracks, some filler material but the better ones've been Lost Ones, 30 Something, Do you wanna ride, Beach Chair (has the guy from Coldplay in it), Anything and Hollywood were fun for the production, but the most impressive one so far's been Minority Report, with Jigga just talking about Katrina & the gulf coast in a more honest manner, i dug it, even if its a bit late.

• 1 year later...

Archived