Hondo's Bar

WE'RE GOING TO THE SERIES

TulipO

HELL YES!!!! WE ARE GOING TO KICK SOME TEXAN OR SOONR STATE ASS NEXT! I SHOULD BE STUDYING BUT I'M GOING OUT TO FUCKING CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!YES I REALIZE I'M "SHOUTING!" I'M ALSO CRYING!!! WHO SAYS THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL?!?! WHO?! SHIT THE WHOLE FUCKING TEAM WAS CRYING YEAH! :D:D:D:bravo::angel::luigi::kiss::D:D:D:D:devil::D:fuming::D:zzz::D:pimp::idiot::D:music::party::dunce::help::pig:

The curse is broken!!! Damon kicked Yankee arse!!! Dude those homers were so beautiful I wish I had pictures of 'em so I could frame 'em. I'm not joking about that either!

Ok people, mad drunken Irish parties beginning tonight alla way through when we win the Series! Get yer butts to Boston! Free places to stay at my place (seriously) Um... I think I can fit 5-6 people!

And uh... It is a gome, Nick, but we haven't gotten this far... Since well before you or I were born! We're makin history here!

The curse is broken!!!...

...And uh... It is a gome, Nick, but we haven't gotten this far... Since well before you or I were born! We're makin history here!

The curse is not getting to the World Series, the curse is winning the World Series so don't exactly count your chickens before they hatch. Boston has made it about 5 times since 1918, their last appearance being in 1986. But it was a big moral victory, the first time they ever beat NY in a playoff series, so I'll give them their props. However, don't write off Houston/St. Louis just yet, they both have absolutely filthy batting lineups that could tear Boston a new asshole if they get into a funk like they did early in this series. I see this series going another 7 games, can't really make a good prediction about who's gonna win though.

All said and done, I will be rooting for the BoSox! :D

That may be true, but I predict the Red Sox winning the Series. MLB - I'll send ya some prayers to pray... Heck, I'll post 'em here. For the sake of casting out superstition and any demonic effects this curse may have, of course.

Alright Benny, you post 'em, I'll say 'em.

With the exam today watched the game from the comforts of my apartment last night and loved every second of it. Damon was outstanding. Lowe was killer. Even Bellhorn got a home-run for crying out loud.

Went for a walk after the game during which I got kissed by a few random women, hugged strangers and was given marching orders by riot police. Damn I love this city :D

WERE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!RARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :D

I'm not underestimating the Astros or Cardinals though, gonna be a tough series for the Red Sox whichever way it goes tonight. However, I truly TRULY believe this is our year. Truly. :D

Well we're playin the Cardinals tomorrow night!

In other news:

A young woman, 20, was killed after riot police shot her, and hit her in the eye with a pepper spray ball. Investigations are underway.

Thomas Menino, Mayor of Boston will be preventing the sales of alcohol during the World Series (from liquor stores I think), and also at all the bars near Fenway live TV will be prohibited. This would be to prevent more riots like the other night.

What a moron!!! He'd better not!!! He'd be causing more riots, not preventing them!!! And it was the cop's fault, not the girl's. What an idiot!!! Listen pal, that's unconstitutional!!! Furthermore, you know he's gone next time there's an election!

:D

It'll never pass Benny. They're voting on it, but it won't happen.

Nick thanks for the avatars! (and the pic!) But I can't seem to figure out how to change mine. I mean, I get the process, but it never letrs me for some reason!

Actually heard all bars around Bosotn have been banned from showing baseball? Watching Game 1 from my apartment tonight so not sure if thats true? Will check it out tomorrow but I reckon its a reeeeaalllyyy bad idea if it is indeed true.

Why the cops fired pepper spray bullets at eye level I don´t know? Its very sad though and a real shame.

Cold hard fact:

(i) Red Sox win the world series = big riot

(ii) Red Sox lose world series = big riot

I don´t think many measures are going to stop that.

However, I´m just enjoying the atmosphere of the whole ordeal, it´s all really new to me. I´m just going to leave the cops and thugs to it and revel in sporting history.

I knew Wakefield would get racked on Friday night, lucky for him BoSox provided plenty run support. It will be tough for them at Busch Stadium, St. Louis' play pretty damn good at home, plus they have some die hard fans as well. I still see this series going 7 games, both teams pretty evenly matched; however, Boston has the better staff, and good pitching will win you a championship.

We've shown we can beat the Cardinals at Busch stadium so now I truly believe we will win the series. Gonna bite the bullet, file my homework assignments away safely and go to a bar tonight. A shot for every home-run, error and strike-out I reckon.

Pitch 'em high...Pitch 'em Lowe

Come on Red Sox GO GO GO!!! :D

(made that up just now, quite impressive really :D )

So this BoSox mania isn't like the insanity of British soccer rioting?

To be honest Jax most of the Brit soccer rioting goes on abroad anyway. And the scuffles there are over here are generally limited to a smallish group of people. Exception of course was Hillsborough where the wounds are still fresh, which conservative politician Boris Johnston recently found out to his disadvantage.

YEAH!!!! WE DID IT!!!!! BOSTON RED SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES IN FOUR GAMES!!!!

TONIGHT'S SCORE 3-0!!!!

THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!!!

About time!!! 86 years we've been waiting for this!!! Well, if you'll excuse me, I have some celebrating to do!!!

Archived