Hondo's Bar

Eminem

The NZA

B00065XJ52.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Already getting attention for "We as Americans", "Mosh", and of course, "Just lose it".

HipHopSite is selling it with mix disc "Shady Experimentals" (featuring unreleased material) and all kindsa extras; its like $18 for the premier set, $25 for everything. Amazon's got it for $15 right now, im sure that's about what Best Buy will ask for.

Drops 11/12, so its comin up...

Thanks to Cap'n for brining this one last night, even if the ODB tribute & Mega Man X overshadowed it...

I'm halfway through, and its not quite up to par. more dick & fart tracks than usual, but some deep shit too..."Never Enough", "Mockingbird", "Yellow Brick Road", , "Mosh" etc, some tight tracks here. What do the rest of ya'll think?

• 5 months later...

Lookin back, it was an alright album, but didnt nearly stack up to "The Eminem Show" or the Marshall Matthews album.

There were rumors that DJ Green Lantern, Em's former mix disc DJ, was heard congratulating Jada on tearing up 50, and 50's a sensitive ho, so if that's true, it would explain the sudden dismissal of Lantern from the Shady camp, which is a shame: i hadnt heard much of his work on the Sirius mixtapes & such, but his "The Champ is Here" for Jadakiss the other year was really great.

At least they got a good replacement...

I have finally come to the conclusion that no one will ever under stand Eminem's pain. Or his sensitivity or the compasion and love for his daughter that conflicts with his still simmering adolesent rage and petty wars of oneupmanship with the hip hop community. Neither will they understand the plight of a white man wearing ridiculously large sports wear and basball caps with the Foreign Legion style bandana at the back or whatever those things are supposed to be, and still be taken seriously as an artist and the greatest poet of our generation.

So that said could someone please take his whiny fucking ballads out of rotation because they clearly cut to deep for comfort. That and they suck.

Yeah, well...his last album was like that, or at least the singles off it mainly were (i wish theydve played "Never enough", liked that one). He's gotten a bit whinier since his crew/empire got on top, commercially.

If you get to check out his old shit (even The Eminem Show from just a few years back), much less his old freestyles, he's damn good. Ive known a lotta guys didnt like him, but couldnt take from his flow.

• 5 weeks later...

My favourite's still the Slim Shady L.P. Before the anger & whine, just remaniscin' on the trailer park days. Being raised white trash myself I found a lotta love & empathy in that album(without the substance abuse & violence).

White trash love, baby.

• 1 month later...

Lookin back....thsi was his weakest album. I enjoyed "Never Enough", but not as much as say "Till I collapse". Anyway, he's retiring:

DETROIT (Reuters) - Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/leisure_eminem...JVRPUCUl

Which means you can expect him on everyone else's tracks like Jigga. I guess im glad he went out before it went downhill, 5 albums is a good run. I'm not a big fan of his prodcution though.

Em fans rejoice, i was wrong...

Only days after gossip spread that Eminem was retiring, the lyricist dismissed the reports during a recent concert in Washington.

A recent article in the Detroit Free Press stated that Em was set to retire following a concert in Dublin, Ireland on September 17th. Supposedly, last year's Encore was scheduled to be Slim's last release as he readies to focus on production rather than rap. However, Em addressed the retirement rumors during his Anger Management 3 set at Washington's White River Amphitheatre.

advertisement

"How many of you all read the tabloids? Cause there's some sh!t goin' around that I'm retiring," Em told the crowd.

Slim then noted that the article next to the retirement story was a piece about the moon "to blow up today." He then added, "I'm retiring? then I guess the moon just blew up" before mooning the crowd. Em added that if he ever retired and decided to come back his new stage name would be "Rain Man."

Meanwhile, his publicist, Dennis Dennehy, says there's no truth to reports from MTV this week claiming Emimen had indeed denied retiring.

"Basically MTV made an inference," Dennehy told SOHH.com. "The statement is that 'Encore' is the close of the first chapter of Eminem's career. Beyond that, no decisions have been made."

• 1 month later...

Eminem getting sued again - Posted by Denz on Saturday, August 27 2005

A Michigan trucker and his wife have sued Eminem in St. Louis, Mo., for injuries they suffered in the crash of his Anger Management 3 tour bus.

Eminem was not aboard the bus when it swerved on a highway outside Kansas City, Mo., July 13 and sparked a seven-vehicle pile up.

The suit filed by the couple Thursday seeks unspecified damages from the rapper, the bus driver and the tour bus company, "Entertainment Tonight" reported Friday.

The couple's suit said they suffered a variety of injuries to their ribs, backs and necks when the bus sideswiped their truck.

Neither the rapper nor bus company commented on the suit.

http://www.eminemweb.com/news.shtml

• 4 years later...

Recoverycover.jpg

"Not Afraid" - new single, gotta be excited about this:

"And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back

I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact

Let's be honest, that last Relapse CD was eh

Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground

Relax, I ain't goin' back to that now"

Eminem Scraps The Sequel: New Album, RECOVERY, Set For June 22nd Release

Posted by TeamIGA on 4/14/2010 | Comments (24)

SANTA MONICA, CA - April 15, 2010 - The much-anticipated new album from Eminem, Recovery (Aftermath/Interscope), will be released June 22, 2010, it was announced today by Interscope Records. On Recovery, his seventh major label studio album, Eminem has reached out to an exciting list of first-time collaborators, including DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Jim Jonsin and Boi-1da, among others.

Eminem releases Recovery just over a year after his last album, 2009’s Relapse. Relapse put the cap on an impressive ten years of recorded output, and contributed to Eminem being the biggest selling artist of 2000-2009. In recognition of this, Neilsen SoundScan named him their Artist of the Decade. Relapse entered the charts at #1 and, at nearly double platinum, was the best selling rap album of last year. It also earned Eminem his 11th Grammy award, winning in the Best Rap Album category. Relapse’s first single, “Crack A Bottle” from Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, soared to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (Eminem’s second #1 after 2002’s “Lose Yourself”) and set a SoundScan record at the time of its release for opening week download sales (418,000). The album also spun off two other hits; the Top 10 “We Made You” and Top 20 “Beautiful.”

"I had originally planned for Relapse 2 to come out last year," remarked Eminem. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to Relapse started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album. The music on Recovery came out very different from Relapse, and I think it deserves its own title."

• 2 months later...

00-djyoungmasepresentseminem-therecovery-bootleg-2009-nofs-cover.jpg

Oh man, did Em bring it on this one. While it's no Eminem Show or Marshall Mathers LP it's still pretty deep. No play songs on this one. He's pretty angry again. The production is more serious, too. That's not always better for him, though (with guys like Dr Dre and himself why does need to go out and get producers), but it's still good. Lyrics are ridiculous and that's all you need from Eminem. Here's one of my faves:

He BRINGS it!

• 6 years later...
  • 11 months later...