Hondo's Bar

Best Wu-Tang Clan member

The NZA

Which god shines the brightest?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the poll no one demanded but me

It's a tough call, i know, people. Ghostface is an underground favorite; despite "Supreme Clientele" going wood, he has the most solid album performance thus far. Meth's been a fan favorite since 36 Chambers, and has gotten by far the most exposure. The RZA is musical genius, but i gotta go back & listen to his solo stuff, "The Prince" i recall being alright, but i really need to hear Bobby Digital again. Its hard not to love ODB. Raekwon's the gangster, everyone loved "Cuban Linx" but since then he's been mostly on R&B tracks. Masta Killa, i first heard on the GZA's album, and "No Said Date" last year was really strong.

Personally, i dont expect much love for U-God, but i'm a fan of Inspectah Deck, he always tears up the opening verses. Its gonna take some thought here, and i gotta listen to Liquid Sowrds again just to fully appreciate the GZA.

Yes... underground hiphop iz howz i rollz friends ;-) Ironman is by far (in my opinion) the best wu Tang member alive outta da now 10 (RIP ol dirty). I have every album of his... never cared for meth or Raekwon. Rza is a helluva good lyricist as well but nuthin relates to me more than ghost face by far. (beats lyrics everything). U create da hardcore fans in underground baby ;-). If anyones spent more than 5 years underground chances are I have all of their music.

Your gonna say that Ghostface has the most solid performance thust far... Fuck that, I love his Supreme Clientle, but vs. Meths first album I'd say its a five to one shot of being the best. Meth may be a fan favorite but don't get it twisted, he wasn't when his first shit came out.... Also, he's a fan favorite I believe, because of his personality, he put himself out there to be known, Ghostface hasn't... He's more content with the low profile rap status, which is cool. To me hands down is Mef. But I know he's no leader of the group. He's definetly not the head that forms Vultron, but he's my favorite.

IceMan: Thats cool, man. 10 tho? You including Capadonna? I always thought he was auxillary, RZA stresses only 9, big number thing...

WhoDey: what i mean is he has the most solo joints under his belt, and IronMan, Clientele, Bulletproof Wallets & Pretty Toney are all good albums. Did you know Rae's got like 3? Last 2 got slept on, tho they had a few tracks.

I love Meth, but even RZA admits he was setup since 36 chambers. Who else (besides GZA) gets a whole solo track about them? Plus, Tical was first up after 36 dropped...they knew his voice & style was ill. I fuckin love Tical & 2000, but still dont feel as good about Tical 0, just wasnt for me. Then again, he's supposedly got a grimy, RZA-produced album out sometime this year, so if thats true, ima be right back on Meth's shit. He's gotta be in everyone's top 3.

INS and GZA dont get their due, tho. Then again, Rebel's "Uncontrolled Substances" doesnt stand out in my head as some of the better solo stuff.

in other news, at roughly 8 gigs, i believe i have almost a complete Wu-dsicography; all hidden chamber/wu-banga mixtapes, freestyles, solo albums, friends of the clan, all of it! :D

Also, he's a fan favorite I believe, because of his personality, he put himself out there to be known, Ghostface hasn't... He's more content with the low profile rap status, which is cool.

True. Anyone else remember back when Starks woudlnt show his face in clan shots? He'd wear a bandana or hood or somethin to run with the whole "Ghostface" thing, i think he did it in some of their older videos. Dude never wants to leave the underground, while Meth had a short-lived sitcom (anyone see it? was it good?).

Starks gets emotional, talks a lot more about :D too i think, Meth will talk whatever but he used to love that torture shit.

I know you got eight gigs, when you gonna hook a wheela up wit some shit?

Hah..you gotta tell me what shit you want, when i get blanks man. You want only core clan shit, or which solo members? I got a lotta 2nd generation stuff i havent finished going through yet, like Sunz of Man, Killarmy, and all the other wu weed carriers.

"Nick, you claim that I wasn't no Wu-lova/Say that I was on the Busta tip!

Don't shit where you eat, brutha/I introduced ya to The Gods, bitch!!"

I just had to show love for "Mr. I want pussy, for free", but ODB wasn't really my favorite! Meth holds that title (what a surprise, huh?)! I liked U-God, too, but y'all hate on my boy! Ghostface holds the second place finish then Rea then Golden Arms! RZA was just a sick ass producer! Didn't like his lyrical though!

Hah..i got my Wu the same way we got Illmatic: straight from NY, courtesy of Julio (aka the guy you traded Toejam & Earl to). Lyin ass panch! I bet you cant even drop a few bars offa baby hUey.

WhoDey: ima need like 30 blanks, and your fancy plastic cards.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude never wants to leave the underground, while Meth had a short-lived sitcom (anyone see it? was it good?).

Starks gets emotional, talks a lot more about :bored: too i think, Meth will talk whatever but he used to love that torture shit.

I hate commercial; i luv underground. Given that its less $ for the artist, it's still when their best shizo gets said in a vocal booth. ironman talked more about screwin after his first album but I still luved it more than any other. His first album almost no touch up on :boink: at all. Thats why I luved his first commercial solo appearance, beats and all. Nuthin beats the quality of underground. >;-)

Dude never wants to leave the underground, while Meth had a short-lived sitcom (anyone see it? was it good?).

I've seen the show solicited in books'n shit. It looks basically like a serialised version of How High? (complete with Redman).

Red is not impressed

Archived