Hondo's Bar

Last man standing

Newtype

who's the best fighter  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best fighters in comics in a throw down to see who's the best. The is the best of the best. All have seen action across time and space or at the end of time. All them are the last man or woman standing after a battle across any comic book universe. While some on the list have powers they also have shown to be skilled fighters. Note that guys like superman are powerful but they have no fighting skills. So the rules are ONLY those skilled with their fist are allowed in this throw down, AND NO DRAGONBALL GOT IT! NOW LET GET IT ON!!!!!!

marvelvs.capcom13.gifmarvelvs.capcom6.gif

Yea, some of you may say Wolverine, but the Black Panther can and will take out Logan. I mean hell Panther beat Captain America, and he's been trained as a warrior since he was a child. That has to count for something.

Hah, nice...this'll be in Fight Club soon enough. Time to fanboy up...

:devil: is my call, naturally, here's the breakdown:

Vs Batman: If Miller writes him, and he's time to plan, he can handle Supes, so im gonna assume those 2 factors arent present. Logan can track him, and eventually take down the Bat, though i think he'll survive way longer than others.

Vs Black Panther: No doubt he's powerful (i gotta read his books more, the old Priest-written one and current), being able to hang with Cap hand-to-hand is awesome, but its not enough.

Vs Cable - He uses too much of his power to keep the virus from spreading. Now, if its the cooler Soldier X Nathan, who's free of all that, he takes :wolvy: out...that Cable's on par with Xavier & Magneto, that's a whole other league.

Vs Captain America - I know he's supposed to be the hand-to-hand king of Marvel, but cmon, Logan was trained as an assasin as well as a samurai, and that shield's only gonna block so much before one slips past it. It'd be close, and Logan'd have to be quick.

Vs Daredevil - I love DD, but even his writers admit this one's a no-brainer.

Vs Deathstroke - See, i gained a bit of respect for him from Identity Crisis, but again, he needs time to prep & do homework. If this is as poorly written as most Marvel/DC crossovers, Logan pops up with no warning, and its over.

I mean, if he can beat Lobo (ugh) with bone claws, somehow, this cant be too hard.

Vs Elektra - Mark Millar needs to get off this chick's nuts. I dont remember when she got to be "baddest bitch of Marvel", but you know what? Being a ninja ho trained by the Hand isnt so impressive when you realize Wolvy's at least double her age & experience, and slaughters the Hand by the dozen.

I hate it when writers act like he doesnt know how to fight.

Vs Hawkman - ...? Ive seen him claw at Archangel, this cant be too different. Even invisibility is negated with Logan's senses.

Vs Ironfist - Done.

Vs Manji - Good fight! Even Wizard called this one a few years ago tho...Manji's young and inexperienced. Plus, he's been sloppy lately. He might put himself back together later, but he'd lose.

Vs Nightwing - I dont read this guy's books, but if i think he can handle bats, he can handle his weed carriers, too.

Vs Punisher - Castle only has a chance when Ennis writes him, and Wolvy's retarded.

Vs Savage Dragon - I keep forgetting he's still around....Larsen'd have this one real bloody, but again, if im going with Wolvy > Captain America, this guy's got no chance.

Vs Taskmaster - ...who?

Vs Wonder Woman - Ok, she's strong and all, and she's gotten lethal once or twice, but a) she's not Superman, and b) she woudlnt take the fight as far as Logan would. I remember one issue, this devil thing ripped Logan's heart out...he waited till shit healed (somehow), came back and killed the guy. Wonder Woman doesnt do these things.

Yea, some of you may say Wolverine, but the Black Panther can and will take out Logan. I mean hell Panther beat Captain America, and he's been trained as a warrior since he was a child. That has to count for something.

True, but he's like in his 30's, whereas Logan's been training & killing for over a 100 years or so.

Again, i gotta read more Black Panther soon.

Nick, you are so on Wolvie's nuts!! I'll admit, he's a badass with the most experience of the bunch, but he's like Manji... sloppy! He lets the fact that he's damn near immortal cloud his judgements and I think that some of the smarter people in this group would use that to thier advantage! Who do I pick to win? It's a tough one, but... Batman! Bats is probably the one with the least powers, but the most brains!! He'd get beat to a pulp, but he fuckin' beat Superman for Christ's sake! That's gotta count for something! I think Wolvie would give him a run for his money, but at the end of the day, I don't think Logan can even make it as far as some the others! You're right that most of that group won't take it as far as your boy (with the exception of Manji and some of the villians), but I think Batman has that same capability! No, he won't kill anybody, but he'll take it further than anybody else that wouldn't either! Next to Bats, Cap for sure!! Black Panther has beat him, but he won't beat him again! The next time they fight, I don't think BP even stands a chance! Alot of people are pretty awesome on that list, but Batman has my pick! Good poll Newtype!!

but he's like Manji... sloppy!  He lets the fact that he's damn near immortal cloud his judgements and I think that some of the smarter people in this group would use that to thier advantage!

that's pretty true....he mayve been at his baddest in the 90's or so. I keep wanting to cite how he's takin down 50,000+ people this summer alone, but its mainly cause of S.H.I.E.L.D. toys & Elektrabot. :wolvy:

Who do I pick to win?  It's a tough one, but... Batman!  Bats is probably the one with the least powers, but the most brains!!  He'd get beat to a pulp, but he fuckin' beat Superman for Christ's sake!  That's gotta count for something!

True, but again, doesnt that hinge on Miller writing the event? Now, Bats just surviving Supes' attacks in the Jeph Loeb/Lee run, that was something too.

Next to Bats, Cap for sure!!  Black Panther has beat him, but he won't beat him again!  The next time they fight, I don't think BP even stands a chance!  Alot of people are pretty awesome on that list, but Batman has my pick!

Cap's a good pick. If it was Ultimate Cap, i woudlnt thin twice...i just remember m'boy teaching Cap how to use martial arts a bit in that WW II flashback, but yeah, itd be tough for wolvy to win this one.

Then again, if you believe Marvel Vs DC (and i know you dont!):

Batman > Captain America...oh yeah, and Wolverine > Lobo > Superman (lobo beat him up once or twice as i recall)

I'm not sayin for 100% that my boy wins this, and i like hearin reasons why he woudlnt too....but in this case, im assumin :devil: means bats would have time to prep everything.

If thats the case, what about Deathstroke? He seemed good at that too. Also, does anyone know/think much of Savage Dragon?

I like Savage Dragon, but I think of him as the Image Hulk! And not because he's green either! He strong and can pretty much live through anything, but there's nothin' much else to him! To me he's just there and I really don't care!! The whole Bruce Banner background is cool, but I don't know much else!! I really don't know much about Dragon either, but I like it like that!! I don't know, you can have the guy... give me Invincible!!

Well woah, let me change my thought on Savage Dragon!

He's more like the Image Deadpool or Lobo! A badass that has cooky adventures! Larsen has been writing like that since the begining! I think that when Kirkman started writing his miniseries' and shit, that he got more serious! I guess thier trying to make him the Captain America or Superman of Image now! Remember his serious cameo in Invincible?

We all know Nick is wolvie's bitch.

1. Batman can plan all he wants, but it an't going to happen. Nothing bats can do to stop him. plus he'll slice those bat ears off.

2. Black Panther is way smarter then bats. Panther is sneaky little bitch, and wolvie can't fight a guy who's a better and a meanier predator then him.

3. Hate to break to you, but Cable no longer has the virus. So he no longer has to hold back. So he can beat wolvie like a little bitch.

4. Captain America and wolvie will be one hell of a fight, but Cap knows he can fight dirty cause he knows he can't kill wolvie. so this fight can go either way. Draw

5. Claws vs a billy club. no-brainer.

6. Deathstroke and wolvie met twice already in X-men/Teen titan. First time wolvie beat him. Second time Deathstroke lay the smack down on him. draw.

7. Elektra vs wolvie. wolvie all the way

8. Hawkman vs wolvie. wolvie all the way

9. Ironfist held his own fighting sabertooth. So wolvie won't post a problem. Draw

10. Manji vs Wolvie. sloppy vs sloppy. yeah I give it to Wolvie.

11. Nightwing, Punisher, Savage Dragon, he guts them. nuff said

12. Taskmaster can fight like Bullseye, Captain America, Daredevil, and anybody else he's seen fight. Guy can copy your moves. Plus he's a bitch.

It can go either way

13. One good look at her chest and he forgets about the fight. She then bitch slaps him into orbit.

And there you have it.

OH, and nick that devil thing that ripped Logan's heart out you say. For some reason he had god like powers? :woo: which allowed him to grow back his heart.

We're going to do two things for last man standing.

We're going to have street fights and fighters bout.

Street fights allow anybody to fight. However, fighters bout will be a match between fighters. I will choose who fights and will make up the rules, but I'll let you choose where the fight takes place. The rule is first person to reply gets to choose where the fight takes place.

One more thing. I want you guys to make list of name for a team bout. One for DC and one for Marvel. I'll then choose who makes the team, but I'll let choose the rules for the fight and I'll pick the place. You ok with that?

Waitamminit, before we go into the next game...

2. Black Panther is way smarter then bats. Panther is sneaky little bitch, and wolvie can't fight a guy who's a better and a meanier predator then him.

Haha....who's who's bitch now? Black Panther's a meaner predator than Wolverine? How many people has Black Panther killed by slicing their throats open with his claws? Wait, no, he just punches things.

3. Hate to break to you, but Cable no longer has the virus. So he no longer has to hold back. So he can beat wolvie like a little bitch.

...you sure? last i saw was that awful Liefeld/Niceza bit where he was all metally again.

If he's Soldier X, fuck it, fights over, no one on that list can handle him. No one. He has to try real hard to not kill people when reading their minds, for fucksake!

6.  Deathstroke and wolvie met twice already in X-men/Teen titan. First time wolvie beat him. Second time  Deathstroke lay the smack down on him. draw.

Info from crossovers barely counts....writers do crazy shit and make their boy look good by makin wolvy a bitch alla sudden. crappity crap crap crap!

9. Ironfist held his own fighting sabertooth. So wolvie won't post a problem. Draw

Wait, that was like 20 years ago, plus Wolvy's only spanked Sabretooth how many times since then? Fuck, once, Creed had the metal and Wolvy didnt, still got torn up.

I think Sabretooth can be cool, but let's bear in mind he was once beaten by the fucking Power Pack. Not a good gauge of who can hang with m'boy.

12. Taskmaster can fight like Bullseye,  Captain America, Daredevil, and anybody else he's seen fight. Guy can copy your moves. Plus he's a bitch.

It can go either way

Thats a good lineup, but...Bullseye before the adamantium? Even with it, DD handles him...copying moves is impressive, like Echo, but no claws still leaves me thinking this wont be that hard.

13. One good look at her chest and he forgets about the fight. She then bitch slaps him into orbit.

And there you have it.

Fair enough.

Hey Nick! Your boy :eh: Wolvie. OVERATED. Face it without his healing power he won't last long in a fight. Hell Spider-Woman just kicked his ass then stabs him in the neck with his own claws. For such a badass he gets beat alot.

I'd love to go the fanboy way and pick my man DD, but let's face it, he gets his ass kicked a lot (and to be honest, that's what I've always liked about him). If this is some sorta "scheduled bout" and not just two characters run into each other in a dark alley, I've got to give it to Bats. If Bats is given time to do his homework, I think he can beat anybody. Even Wolverine. Batman wouldn't go into a fight with Wolverine without already knowing exactly what Wolvy is gonna do and exactly how to take him down. Wolverine doesn't do that kind of preparation and isn't used to someone who does. So yeah, if he's got the forewarning, Bats all the way.

Even against Black Panther.

Hey Nick! Your boy  :pig: Wolvie. OVERATED. Face it without his healing power he won't last  long in a fight. Hell Spider-Woman just kicked his ass then stabs him in the neck with his own claws. For such a badass he gets beat alot.

he's overrated, but taking away his healing factor? that's fair....let's just take away the radioactive parts of banner and let the guy fight! cmon now, you cant do that. Plus, unbreakable bones help a bit.

Yeah, i know he's sloppy when Bendis writes him, but he was just showcasing his chick there. God, i hated that scene...i too enjoy my boy gettin whooped up, but when its done right, not when some 100 lbs and change ho pulls "S.H.I.E.L.D. training" like he hasnt had that shit too. How the fuck you sneak up on my boy in the savage land? That was crap. Its ok, Millar's pussifying him too.

So i agree he's overrated, but not for that example.

PS I agree with SB on Bats, with preparation: if he can handle Supes, Wolvy's no contender. But i still say its silly to have Cable on this list...he's an omega-level mutant, no one on this list can get near him if he's still rid of the virus. Its almost a joke.

Imagine your powers starting at complete cellular control: no adamantium needed, he doesnt allow bullets in. Christ, if it gets bad enough, he can freeze time. Now, fighting Supes, that'd be something.

But half o' these people have powers they can't really just turn off. How you gonna tell Cap to lay off that super-strength a little when he's wailing on Nightwing? Ah, powers or no, Bats could find a way to bring any of 'em down. ...maybe not Cable, but anybody else.

If he can heal that mean the other guy can fight dirty. I mean hell, having a healing factor means shit just ask sabertooth. Everyboby does a good job at kicking his ass. Since when does Cap have super-strength. Yeah he's strong but not super strong. Cap is at the peak of human limit. Cable is a master in hand to hand combat he doesn't need his powers in a fair fight. You want to fight hand to hand with Cable and he'll fight you hand to hand. Wonder woman the same as Cable. You want hand to hand combat you got it. Certain powers are one thing, but then you have guys like Superman who's all powers, but has no fighting skills. All he does is fly in close and throws a punch. The people on the list have powers, but at the same time they know how to fight without the need of thier powers( well, maybe not Daredevil, but you get the idea. )

Since when does Cap have super-strength. Yeah he's strong but not super strong. Cap is at the peak of human limit.

man, somewhere between the old marvel universe series I & II cards, and the current ratings on the Encyclopedias, i got messed up....they say he can lift a lot. And wolvy, like 800 lbs, which is ridiculous.

Arc once gave me analogy i think worked: according to most stories, Wolverien should be able to lift the front of a car off the ground or so. Cap, could prolly rip off a car door. Spider-Man should be able to pick up & throw a car. Anyway, that's my general benchmark for raw comic strength, any one agree/disagree?

Yeah that's about how I see it. I didn't mean he had Superman strength, I just meant the ability to rip the door off of a car isn't exactly a normal human trait. Neither is his ability to, say, jump out of airplanes without a parachute, like the Ultimate Cap does. He's got strength that someone like Batman or Daredevil could never have, no matter how hard they try.

True, but id argue Ultimate Cap is way above regular Marvel U cap. Ultimate Cap is what the whole Ultimate U is after...that super soldier serum and like you said, he doesnt even need a parachute. Fuck, he goes toe to toe with the Hulk, and can win!

Ultimate Wolvy cant touch him. Man, were fanboyying it up in this one, eh?

Judge Dredd could finish any of these punks with a kick to the balls and a daystick to the throat.

In case you Yanks aren't wise on Dredd, that's his power, he kicks you in the balls and hits you in the throat, therefore he wins.

JD1.jpeg

2004-05-12_071015_scan0003.jpg

Archived