Hondo's Bar

The Million Dollar Homepage

MusicManiac

I was reading the stats on that page and in three weeks' time he's gotten over 100,000 individual visits and over 400,000 page impressions since 26 Aug (the date the site went live). He's recorded 28,800 pixels sold so far and more orders come in daily. Almost 30,000 dollars in less than a month, folks. I'm lucky if I make 1,000 in a month. That kid deserves a million quid just for coming up with such a simple idea and making it a successful one. I won't say he's a genius, but he's pretty gorram crafty. And really, he's making $1M in US currency. I think the conversion rate for USD->GBP is like $1.80 or something, so really he'd only be making about £550,000 GBP give or take. It's still quite a handsome payout when you're a struggling college student, though, and I commend and hate him for his idea. Nobody else will ever be able to pull something like that off, because they'd just be a damn copycat.

Who's gives a shit about being a copycat...I'd do it for a cool million and live with that stigma!  :luigi:

Well, yeah, me too, but if you're gonna get in, you gotta get in NOW, while it's still a fresh idea on the 'net. In a few weeks, in a few months, the novelty will have worn off, everybody and their sister will have some cheap knockoff website with a thinly-veiled excuse to be asking for a million dollars.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It's all kind of depressing really. Is it that easy to get people to give you money? I mean, should I just sign up with paypal, and put "Donate" buttons all over my myspace page? Like "Give me a dollar to complete my ninja training?" BTW, don't steal that idea...:ohface:

Hey, if the ninja training idea works, I want to use it with pirate training (and ship acquisition, if possible). There's great deal involved in pirate training, its not all boozing and pillaging you know (they are a large part of it though). :cheers::tulip::def:

Yes I knonw. When I completed my pirate training I certainly felt a sense of accomplishment. I guess I had it easier than most though. I was born a pirate, so i possessed all the neccessary nefarious skills.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived