Hondo's Bar

Peter Jackson to Direct Halo The Movie?

MusicManiac

22m9xz.jpg

Peter Jackson to Direct Halo The Movie?

Everyone knows by now that Halo the game is being made into Halo the Movie. Also, most people already know that it's going to suck because that's what video game movies do. And now Peter Jackson's name is being attached to the project... but only by massive Halo fans and their wishful thinking.

Too many sites over the weekend have been regurgitating a rumour that Peter Jackson is going to be the guy to direct Halo the Movie. However, that rumour was shot down almost as quickly as it appeared. Universal already confirmed that Jackson is NOT going to direct it. However, I could have told you the rumours were false even before Universal said it for the following reasons.

1) I guaran-damn-tee you that NO credible director would put their name on this disaster waiting to happen. You will not see Jackson, or Spielberg, or Howard, or Coppola, or Scorsese, or Nolan, or Singer EVER EVER EVER get associated with this film. Not just because video game movies are jokes, but mostly because the game company has already said they are going to keep control of the movie, and no director worth his salt is going to take ANY direction from a company that knows NOTHING about making movies.

2) After doing everything he still needs to do for King Kong, Peter Jackson is going to get started on The Lovely Bones. They're looking to get Halo The Movie out within 2 years... so the schedule just doesn't work.

I don't want to get too long winded here so I'll end the list there. Mark my words, there will not be a credible director taking the helm of Halo The Movie...no way. unless Microsoft dumps a dumptruck load of money into this project....thoughts?

Florent Emilio Siri should direct it. He knows movies and videogames and he's got a good style.

...who?

ps what is this? Doom, now this? Why are FPS's gettin films? Theyre about strafing, picking up ammo, camping, and telling people to suck your cock after shooting them with a hacked weapon. I'm not sure where the plot stems from there.

No Michael Bay shouldn't do anymore movies.

As for FPS plots...I dunno about Halo, but Halflife and FarCry might make decent flicks.

And Florent Emilio Siri is a French director who directed the last two Splinter Cell games, as well as Bruce Willis' Hostage.

Just found out that those rumors were only half wrong. While Jackson isn't signed on to direct Halo, he and his wife Fran Walsh will both be executive producers through their production company Wingnut Films. Jackson's effects house Weta will also provide the effects for the flick.

• 8 months later...

Courtesy of Wikipidea

Halo is an upcoming film based on the video game series under the same name, developed by Bungie Studios. The script for the movie was written by Alex Garland. The movie will be developed and released by Universal Pictures and 20th Century Fox, under the creative oversight of Microsoft. Former Columbia president Peter Schlessel has been selected as producer, and Peter Jackson will be the executive producer. Shooting has yet to begin, but due to the graphic content of the source material, the film will more than likely receive a PG-13 or R rating. It releases in Summer 2007.

Archived