Hondo's Bar

Unfairness

This is just something I've been pondering for a while...

Why is it that all action and thriller flicks that are made generally for male audiences contain a side story that has a romance between the main character and some chick, targetted at women (hidden love story), yet chick flicks don't contain at least a car chase or something?!

UNFAIR!!!!

We should start writting do nothing letters, I say!

Maybe it's to make the movie well rounded, like they covered everything, or maybe it's so they can have hot sex scenes, or maybe it's because they have to appeal to the women that men take to see those movies? who knows.

Snatch didn't have a love interest and I thought it was awesome, so it probably can't be the first reason, it's got to be a combo of the last two. :fuming:

I'm not taking you too seriously, I know it's more of a silly question discussion thingy do hickey. I don't know I have never made a guy go see a girly movie with me. Maybe it's because they know they are making a girly movie and instead of appealing to a couple, they appeal to a gaggle of girls. Or maybe the whole "Im going to shoot with this really big gun, chase you around in my super fast car" thing doesn't fit very well into a story that ultimately is about love.

Why don't you write your own girly flick with guy action in it. not,..in..that way, but you know what I mean.

i know what SM's sayin here....bad enough you get dragged to a chick flick, then they cant even indulge your involuntary demograpic.

A few shining exemptions from tthis are Shaun of the Dead (a romantic zombie comedy, the first of its kind; hollywood still overlooks the paradign that is the rom-zom-com), and Audition, the finest love story to come from Japan. Youll prolly have to download it or look at an import store, but itll be worth it.

(I just want you to know that none of this will guarantee to get you laid or probably into a relationship, but if you are able to effectively bait-and-switch a woman by being a complete chick flick guy for a couple months and then doing the following things, you should be on your way to a fantastic, sustainable, and healthy relationship with kicking and screaming bed fun.)

Okay, it comes down these simple rules:

· Be nice to her

· Giving her more than you (think you) get

· Give her the attention she wants and respect her opinion.

· Always say please and thank you.

... and suck it up and go see the 40 year Old Virgin or whatever friggen movie she wants.

Capiche? :2T:

Shaun of the Dead was just weird... Good, but weird....

It started out as this funny comedy, and then turned into a horrible monster movie with people being diembowled and such.

... and suck it up and go see the 40 year Old Virgin or whatever friggen movie she wants.

Capiche?

So, sit through three hours of Hugh Grant and Colin Firth doing the same role in every movie, and possibly get laid... ?

It's worth it.

and Audition, the finest love story to come from Japan.

It certainly is a wonderful love story alright. Definitly a good one to watch on a first date.

"The 40 Year Old Virgin" was pretty sweet....:2T:

You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game

• 2 weeks later...

SM is mistaken,

The love interest in suspense movies targeted at men is also targeted at those men.

It's more indulging the male desires and fantasies.

You're not telling me that James Bond movies have him seducing women with crappy puns all over the globe to appeal to a female sensitivity, are you?

Archived