Hondo's Bar

Pimp your PS2 today!

Senshik

This is the reason why Nick is envious of my PS2.

How many of you have heard of the HD Loader? And Flip top for you PS2?

If you haven't then, welcome! It is time to share my knowledge on HOW TO PIMP YOUR PS2!

General Description of the HDLoader:

HDLoader allows you to install PS2 games onto the hard drive then upload and play your games. Depending on how much space your Hard Drive has, you can store as many games as pleased. The necessary hard drive to have is the IDE. Also make sure you have a compatible PS2(the website will tell you). I have a Version 9...

Three items needed for this to work and approximate prices:

1. IDE hard drive (a good one costs about $80, you can go to Tiger Direct and get one for cheaper if they have some on specials.)

2. HD Loader CD ($20)

3. Network Adapter ($20-30)

Total cost is $130 bucks plus shipping and handling for each part if bought separately online. If you go on to the website I provided, they already have the bundle ready for you. All you do is click and buy! There are also descriptions of each kind of product. Check it out.

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/custome...g=hdloader+ntsc

Personal Opinion

Honestly you'll save tons of money on games. All you do is borrow from a friend or rent a game and install it into your hard drive! Simple and enjoyable. We've had this thing for about two years and it's awesome. Although I must warn you, some games won't work on this. Don't ask me which ones, but for the most part all games that I've played have worked. And they range from RPG's to Fighting to Adventure to Survival Horror, etc. Definitely check it out. You don't have to buy things all at once. Buy them little by little, kind of like buying parts for your car and then building it.

General Information on Flip tops and Swap Magic Disc:

These two features allow you to burn games onto a CD and play on your PS2. It's fairly simple as well and also cool if you're all about playing games before released in the USA. Here's the website for these items and such.

http://www.ps2cover.com/products.shtml

Items needed for this and approximate costs:

1. Flip top cover (about $20)

2. Swap Magic Disks ($20-40, depending on what you get. If you get the one that includes the HDLoader plus the Swap Magic disks and other programs, it's like $40. It could be beneficial since it also includes the HDLoader.)

Personal Opinion

This shit is awesome! This is the reason why I played Onimusha 4 before its release date in the U.S. Not to mention, Kingdom Hearts 2. And any other games I want.

Have fun!!! Hey and if you guys know of other similar products indulge us! Give your opinions on these products! I want to know if you've tried these, own it, or are actually thinking about buying. :2T:

wait....refurb what? i just know she's got a hard drive, a copy utility disc (im gonna see if i can copy said disc itself) and now she can rent games and store them there, there's easily 20 games on the system and room for lots more. its awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, found a great deal on a PS2 on ebay and got the whole kit piecemealed for about $150 - not bad, i think. 160 GB drive should hold a ton of games, so if youre a miami local, im uh, gonna be borronw your games soon, for about 15 minutse a time... :zzz:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes IC that'll do.

SOrry I can't help you pay for it... I know I said I'd help you out in the process... but ah, well... you know what's up. I'm broke Bitch! >_

Btw FYI to those who are interested in checking this bootlegging thing, some games will not burn onto your hard-drive. The following website can be used to find out which ones they are:

http://list.ps2hd.com/

Enjoy! =)

• 3 weeks later...

ive done something like this with my friends x-box... he has about 100 games on there and it only cost the best part of 30 euro to do, he even has a cool silvery/transparent case for it and ive jigged him up a custom background screen for the menu and copying screen... all he has to do is rent games, copy and theyre on the hard drive.....

Piracy.. I love it

Good so far, but not without its flaws: my particular system is tricky with this fliptop i got, but it all comes down to: storing games on the hard drive is easy till you run outta space or encounter the games that dont comply, then you gotta learn swap magic and how to copy em, which is pretty easy. there's a number of safe & easy ways to pull this off, im just researching all kindsa shit like memory card exploits & the like.

For those interested in the specifics or wanna know more:

Everything youve ever wanted to know about PS2 bootlegging but were afraid to ask - excellent link.

Files - all the programs & hacks youll ever need to copy, patch, or even customize your ps2 layout.

PS2 hard drive (& other methods) compatibility list - check your favorite games to see which method works best.

finally, where to buy DVD-R's - Taiyo Yuden makes a great brand for PS2 games, supposedly, and there's where to get 100 of em for $30 with free shipping, cant beat that with a bat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so, with 114 GB drive, i sucessfully got 36 working games on it. This thing is the best thing ever.

I wish more collection games (namco, capcom, midway) etc worked on HD loader, and my PS2 wasnt so fucking picky about playing the swap disc, but i cant knock it. Psychonauts isnt working this week, which is troubling, but everything else's been flawless, even the imports. Im still trying to figure out how to take the ISO of a CD and uh, make it work on a DVD, for Sega Ages: Phantasy Star II...anyway.

my Gamefly queve is gettin down to the titles im less interested, but curious about (since im sitting on about 50 games or so right now :Zombie: ) but heres whats left, in order, lemme know if you see a title that should get bumped up a bit (ive still got The Suffering and Prince of Perrsia: Sands of Time, currently):

Manhunt

Hitman: Blood Money

Rez

The Thing

Alien Hominid

Suikoden IV

Suikoden Tactics

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows

Rygar: The Legendary Adventures

Kengo: Master of Bushido

Darkwatch

Red Star (Releases 10/19/06)

Yakuza (Releases 9/7/06)

Okami (Releases 9/21/06)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Long Wait )

Phantasy Star Universe (Releases 10/26/06)

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Releases 10/26/06)

Sega Genesis Collection (Releases 11/9/06)

Bg&eboxart.jpg

In the future, on the planet Hillys, the population suffers from constant attacks from the alien DomZ. The situation is gradually getting worse, as the rate of DomZ kidnapings increase. The Alpha Section forces, who are in charge of protecting citizens, seem to be completely ineffective, not even fighting the DomZ. In the midst of this situation, the secretive organization IRIS alleges that the Alpha Section is involved in a massive government conspiracy, and seeks to expose the truth through journalism.

You control the young reporter/photographer Jade, with her companions Pey'j and Double H. After experiencing first-hand a DomZ attack, she is contacted by IRIS, who recruit her as an action reporter. Jade is now tasked with infiltrating the Alpha Section, exposing the government conspiracy, and ultimately finding the truth for herself.

Beyond Good & Evil is an action-adventure game with diverse game play. Most of the game is based on stealth and puzzles, but there are sequences of racing, shooting, combat, and platform action. There are several mini-games and even an online ranking system (used by entering codes online after they are assigned in-game when the game is saved). As the game progresses, a large story unfolds, even dealing with some social issues on the way.

It plays a lot like Zelda, but with some Dead Rising style photo taking as well. The plot is surprisingly involved, especially for something that looks so much like a kid's game. I think that was its problem, as it looked too kiddy for many of those who would have appreciated it.

Archived