Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

haytor is such the little bitch-dog about this whole event! it has yet to not deliver, even the side books are fun. if they delay it a mnoth to allow other writers to catch up, we still got a great book from the same creative team when its done.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

As to the question of why this two week delay, according to Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada,

“The decision to delay Civil War #6 was both a strategic and cautious decision on our part.

“First, let me say that all the materials are still coming in on schedule, but [series artist] Steve [McNiven] has come down with a very severe case of strep throat,” Quesada told Newsarama Thursday morning, which was later confirmed by the artist himself. “However, even with the strep, he's persevered and is still producing a page a day. So, while Steve's impaired health hasn't caused any delays, we felt that with something like strep, it would be best to buffer the schedule a tad in case he wises up and decides to put his head down for a couple of days.

“The second and most important reason we moved the book two weeks (rather than just one) is because we heard from our retail partners that if they had their way, they would preferred that issue #6 ship in January as opposed to the last week of December, which is traditionally not a great time for comics retailers. So, putting all of these things into the mix, we figured two weeks was a smart thing to do.”

haytor is such the little bitch-dog about this whole event! it has yet to not deliver, even the side books are fun. if they delay it a mnoth to allow other writers to catch up, we still got a great book from the same creative team when its done.

*cough*Onslaught*cough*

OHHH NO YOU DIDNT JUST COMPARE THIS TO HEROES REBORN :2T:

ah, sir, history (and by that, looking back in uh six months) will favor my side, just you wait. This series is the goods, even arch knows it.

Newt: thanks for that clarification, and yeah it makes sense. 2 weeks is nothing, we went over a month before - hoenslty, im a fanboy and all, i just dont think when shit's a little late that we should be outside with pitchforks and shit. Games get delayed a year or more, and i know theyre way more techincal, but honeslty, why rush quality?

As long as you dont fucking bail entirely like Joe Mad & others, ill let it slide. If i was Joe Q, id answer the next "where's the Ultimates?" quesiton with "itll get here when it gets here, and youll fucking well love it. Excuse me, i must get back to your mother now."

I did it and I'll do it again! And history (and by history I mean 1-2 maybe even 3 years assuming this event isn't still going on by that time) will reveal that this event meant NOTHING.

Why? Because they ALWAYS do. Just like Secret Wars, The Clone Saga, Heroes Reborn, Inferno, The Evolutionary Wars, etc. This is all going to be retconned and will be nothing but a memory and people will hold onto their trades of Civil War and House of Meh and remember them as the good old days.

With the movie onna way, i woudlnt rule out a Venom return, or even Spidey in a black suit for a while, both of which id love to see.

And no, ive read much of it, and not one mention of Toxin, which is fine by me. I mean, Carnage may or may not be alive, and "Planet of the Symbiotes" taught me that i can only handle 2 symbiotes at a time.

Still, Toxin was the best thing that happened in that whole symbiote deal since Carnage. I mean does anyone else remember Scream? Or the female Venom from 2004? And I believe there could actually be a great Venom book if they could get a good writer and a decent artist on one. The art is always either ridiculously cartoony or reeeeeeally bad. (As referenced from some 90s series, the Juggernaut made an appearance near the beginning, it was really bad)

But back on somewhat topic what's everybody's take on this New Thunderbolts thing? I mean Tony has to be whacked to put Lady Deathstrike, Venom, and Bullseye on a team thinking they're reformed, what's next, The Red Skull?

Man, fuck Toxin, generic early-nineties throwback...

Mac Gargan is doing things with the Venom suit Brock never dreamed of, which makes a helluva lotta sense. Guy's spent his whole adult life as a thug-turned-semi-contender in a suit whose greatest attribute is a great big fucking tail. Guy's evolved a lot over the years both mentally & technologically so it comes as no suprise when you give the guy an organic superweapon he'll be innovative as hell.

Baytor I'm not meaning to jump all over your arse man, but the stuff you poo-poo and endorse for the most part drives me fuckin' insane!!

Retconning'll happen over a period of time if the original changes were only meant to be temporary or are unrealistic to maintain as a status quo. Onslaught- There's no fucking way Marvel'd still be in business if Loeb & Liefeld were still writing Marvel's major players in a pocket universe created by Franklin Richards nursemaided by Manthing nor would anyone want them to be. There's no reason this event won't stick. YES for the sake of continuity & marketting there'll need to be more'n 198 mutants again, and I could care less how that's done 'cause I don't think anyone was phased by that, but registration? It's the future.

Now here's a pickle that was presented to me onna weekend in the most unlikely form- What if Tony Stark has predicted any upcoming uhm... defections and may or may not have planned accordingly by maybe Idunno... creating said nameless party a suit that could feasibly be completely traceable & feed info straight back to himself. Spooky hypothetical shit eh?

You say this now, this series is doing well but it could fuck up really easily. They brought back Howard the fucking Duck for chrissakes, I can't wait till they bring back Morbius just because every five or so years Marvel gets amnesia and forgets why he sucks, this would be the perfect time to do it, and I will laugh.

Okay, so why couldn't they have written Eddie like the current villain rather than bringing back some whiny psychopathic jerk with low self-esteem b-list villain who hasn't been cool since the 70s for the new Venom? (not to mention Gargan's suit wasn't supposed to be a removable)

Symbiotic jackhammer!! DUH!!

Spidey took the symbiote as some kinda 'magic costume'. The symbiote lacked maturity & just ran with whatever ball he was thrown. He then was rejected & Brock took the symbiote at a point where the symbiote was basically of the mind 'I'm a homocidal spiderman', and with Brock not knowing better he ran with that ball too. Venom: Liscense to Kill saw some sweet innovations on the symbiote, but at the end've it they were still just two kids playing with a nuke. Like I said before, Mac's plenty seasoned at this game & he's no stranger to making use of a irremovable costume(improvements, lateral reasoning & whatnot), so you give him something like this and BAM!! It's no surprise the shit he's doing. But damned if it ain't cool to watch.