Hondo's Bar

mythbusters on discovery channel

I didnt take the time to see if anyone has posted about this before. But I stumbled across this show during my 2 month bed ridden stage...

Mythbusters on the discovery channel.

they take any... and I mean any myth and try to prove it or bust it. They went as far as rigging machines to see if you can in fact catch a bullet with your teeth or hand and it was surely busted. But they test old myths too, like the death ray or if a tissue box can kill you in a crash when it flies at you at 60 mph ect... just a group of mad scientists... and its alot of fun to watch.

anyone else seen it?

Penn and Teller's Bullshit, on showtime, deals with debunking all the corrupted social issues and bullshit out there that everyone takes for granted, like the myth of recycling and the joke that is the dangers of second-hand smoke... and they're really bitter, offensive, and funny about what they find.

Mythbusters is two guys, one's an engineer from MIT and the other is a Hollywood Special Effects engineer, that take urban ledgends and myths that contain physical components and try to simulate the actual conditions of the myth to see if it is physically possible, such as "can jumping in a lake save you from a hail of bullets" or "what really happens when you attach a JATO rocket to your car."

sigh, I miss cable.

• 1 month later...
mythbusters.jpg

mythbusted.jpg

The one with the tissue box was awesome. Particularly when they tried it with a bowling ball. :ohface:

Yea, loved the planning for that. With the sweet ram truck pulling the 'car' to see if your head will be impailed by -insert random object here-

Archived