Hondo's Bar

New DVD Recommendations

Saw all of those except, Kiss Kiss. Liked them all except, The Matador could have been better I think, Brosnan was brilliant though...

Syriana was exceptional. I thought I was gonna hate it and I loved it. I enjoyed Inside Man as well....alot.

I'm gonna rent the World's Fastest Indian. :)

I'm not sure if it's his finest, but certainly his most accessible. It drags a bit at the end and there are some plot twists that are pretty far-fetched when you think about it, but it's still good stuff. Fantastic cast, too. You know you have a great cast when the likes of Willem Dafoe and Christopher Plummer don't bill high enough to make the poster.

Hell of a steal, it's almost criminal.

This week didn't have many good recommendations for new movies (unless you get excited by RV, Hoot or Scary Movie 4) but one classic and a couple great tv shows did come out.

B000FSME1A.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50820995_.jpg

B000FO0AME.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50424741_.jpg

B000FJH4X2.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62227615_.jpg

Next week's pretty good two, as we get season 2 of House MD, and the dvd debuts of Silent Hill and Poseidon (which I've heard is not good enough to own but maybe worth a cheap rental). There's also a new special edition of the classic Double Indemnity.

B000FVQLIO.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65584124_.jpg

B000GCFO0I.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63291867_.jpg

B000GTLQXU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59991336_.jpg

B00005JNG5.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59981096_.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I found this on Wilkipeia.com... what's everyone think? Sleeper Hit or Last ditch effort to cash in on eeve's death? I mean why now?

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut is a 2006 film that is a re-edit of the 1980 film Superman II. It has been officially sanctioned by Warner Bros. and director Richard Donner, and stars Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Gene Hackman, Terence Stamp and Marlon Brando. The cut is being supervised by Donner, Tom Mankiewicz and Michael Thau, an editor who worked with Donner on the 2001 director's cut and restoration of Superman: The Movie. The film will be released on DVD on November 28, 2006 [1]. According to Warner Home Video, the new film will run at 116 minutes. In the UK, this will be included with the Christopher Reeve 8-disc box set scheduled for release the same day all other Superman releases hit shelves.

CRSC.jpg

Unlike many “special edition” and “director’s cut” movies released over the years, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut will essentially be a completely new film. It features fifteen minutes of never-before seen scenes of Marlon Brando as Superman's father, Jor-el, new Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder Superman/Lois scenes, newly shot footage with a Christopher Reeve body-double, and a new beginning and ending. The project is being supervised by Superman: The Movie restorationist Michael Thau, in close conjunction with director Richard Donner, who will now be credited as director of the film instead of Richard Lester - the original credited director of Superman II. The film utlizes footage originally shot by Richard Donner during original principal photography from 1977-78, using footage by Richard Lester to fill in spaces that were not shot by Donner

I'm interested nonetheless... :huh:

Archived