Hondo's Bar

FaVorItE MuSiCAL..

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My mom has tried to get me to watch South Pacific, and Jeckyll & Hyde but I couldent sit through it tho.

It is more like combinding Milk and Peanut Butter

....if you add some flour, sugar, and an egg or two, you get cookies. That's not so bad.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we need a "favorite musical number" thread. Heh, can the Spanish Inquisition Song from History of the World Pt I be included?

"But we've mashed all their fingers! We've branded their buns! Nothing is working! (snaps) Send in the nuns!"

Or the ever popular verse:

"I was sitting eating chicken, I was sifting through the pickin's, when suddenly these guys break down my walls. I didn't even know them and they grabbed me by the scrotum, and they started playing ping pong with my balls. Ohh, the agony! Ooh, the shame! To make my privates public for a game?"

YOU FORGOT THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!! How could you forget such a great cult classic...? its ok I forgive you... wait I just read the first post... there are so many musicals one can choose from..

My Question is who is your Favorite Actor or Actress in a Musical?

:shifty:

Ohh and I think Liza is scarry too! :D

My roommate just made a very valid point..

Reese's peanut butter cups are chocolate and chocolate has milk....

Gene Kelly, Fred Aistair, Gretta Garbo, Judy Garland,etc etc.... they all became famous because they were in musicals!!

ALMOST EVERY ANIMETED DISNEY MOVIE IS A MUSICAL!!!

with the exception of Atlantis and a couple others...

TD Rocky Horror Picture Show is awsome Weird..but awsome..

I'm just a sweet transvestite...from transexual transylvaniaaaaaaaaaaaa

:D

I've gotta say, I hate most Disney movies. Maybe it's due to my general distatse for children (or their parents, it's anyone's call really) but there's something annoying, saccharine and corporate about them. Not to say there haven't been good ones. Disney's Robin Hood is one of my all time favoriture movies. Alice in Wonderland was pretty cool. Peter Pan? Not bad.

The new Disney films do nothing but piss me off. Pocahontas? Give me a fucking break. There's a terrible story that they twisted for financial success. Would have been funny if they told the true story though. Not a word would have been uttered while walking out of THAT theater.

The way the English and the Indians make friendly at the end, and learn to coexist...makes me sick. And I'm not saying the messag ein Hunchback was bad or that they shouldn't have made a movie based on the story, it's just the movie that was made sucked like a hoover. Left SO FUCKING MUCH to be desired.

What more were you desiring from a Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame? They're not exactly going to stick closely to the book, they're making a kid's movie, for chrissakes. I personally thought Hunchback was one of their better ones. As far as Disney movies go, it pushed their boundaries content-wise (plot-wise, well, that's a different story). And while it might've been a much better movie without all the Disney glitz (talking gargoyles, come to mind) you do have to take into account their target audience.

As for their two recent great ones... The Emperor's New Groove wasn't a musical, but it did have a song or two, so at least it wasn't in that all-too-serious Dinosaur/Atlantis niche. And as for Lilo & Stitch...I dunno, there was so much music in that, it was like an Elvis movie, without Elvis actually acting in it.

What more were you desiring from a Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame?

How about ONE memorable character. ONE funny charcter. I have no problem with talking Gargoyles, but they were suck characters. Look at Aladdin: I run out of fingers counting the memorable charcters in Aladdin. Same goes for The Little Mermaid and The Lion King, and Beauty And the Beast to some extent. With Hunchback I almost forgot all the characters before leaving the theaters, but with Aladdin, it's been years sinc eI've seen Aladdin and I remember all the characters perfectly. Memorable characters are important for any movie, any story actually, but with Disney animated movies, they're absolutely critical.

Finally someone who knows what RENT is! Yay!

I've seen it twice live, and have the original broadway soundtrack... the last showing I went to last month, my sister and I sang along to the entire show. Pretty sad, but fun all the same :D It's such a great show - It's got some sad undertones (it deals with betrayal and dying and death in some parts), and it covers what some would say are 'taboo' topics - HIV/AIDS, homosexuality, and the like, but more than half of the dialogue and songs have enough shock factor and hilarity to keep it balanced out. Really just a wonderful production. I just wish Jon Larson could still be around to see it's success. If it comes to your town, go see it. It's really worth it.