Hondo's Bar

Alice In Chains Singer Dead!

Alice In Chains lead singer, Layne Stanley, passes on...

Just found out the news today from my contour forum.  Check out the site for more details.  I truly regret not ever being able to see this band play live and losing the opportunity.  If you've got any of their music, turn it up one last time in remembrance...

index31.jpg

In my opinion, of all the alternative bands that made it big, only four were truely grunge: nirvana, pearl jam, soundgarden and alice in chains (temple of the dog doesn't count, wasn't really a band, but a project, beside i wouldn't say they made it big). Truely a great loos for grunge. guess pearl jam's all we got left besides memories.

Yeah, this just blows.  I always considered AIC to be the band that characterized grunge the best.  I tend to think of grunge as really heavy and slow tempo and they did that the best.  I wish I coulda seen em live too, closest I'll come is Jerry Cantrell in bonzai on the 26th, wonder if he'll do anything special.  He was one of the best singers I can think of, his voice was absolutely perfect for the kind of music they played.

"Take another hit, and bury your brother!

Faster we run...

And we die young."

Yeah, I was gonna say Soundgarden was a very close second in that catagory, especially with their more black sabbath influenced first cds.  damn, if only I were a few years older, I would have seen these incredible band live.  damn, why wasn't my brother at a concert every weekend?  He was a teenager in the prime of all these bands....

Poster 1:"You know, I just can't take Sartre seriously as an existentialist, being and nothingness just doesn't hold up to Camus' work."

Poster 2:"Sartre's fiction was excellent, however"

Jack's meandering thoughts: "Umm... the bassist from rush says his favorite book is The Stranger...."   :0