Hondo's Bar

Elvis Presley

arc

After going on and on under the what gets you mad topic “elvis presley which was a just plain wow especially when you consider the era he was in i mean now you’ve really knocked me off topic but go ahead and look up who was among his contemporary singers go ahead and look up what was the number one hit at the time just before his came out swinging you maybe surprised when you find out just how cheesy and cornball the songs were even if you include the greats like sinatra the music was incredibly slow paced there was no rock and roll but now of course comes the argument that elvis stole rock from the blacks well quite frankly i’m not sure about that because he didn’t start off singing rock he started singing rock a billy which was a soulful rendition of country music it was good and it was considered black music but you would be hard pressed to find the few songs he did in that fashion in fact i can only name the one “that’s alright mama” which isn’t even one of his most popular songs afterwards elvis moved on to a rca records and that basically changed to rock another point worth considering is elvis’s influence over the music industry before elvis no one cared to see the singer after elvis there was mtv which i’ve heard them say time and time again that if there was no elvis there would be no music television in also there are the racial barriers that elvis that he would dent by performing which black musicians which was practically unheard of i’m trying to keep this short but i would still like to point out that can’t ignore the sheer number of musicians that came out after elvis because you won’t have the beetles or paul simon because the beetles have said that they choose the band members based on who liked elvis and paul simon has said that elvis is the only reason that he ever picked up the guitar there are so many more examples as to why he isn’t over rated but i’m out of time.“

I decided that project fight club needed a place a sanctuary if you will dedicated to conversations solely about Elvis Presley now some folks might say “hey hey hold on now arc why in the world would you put this obvious music post/topic in project fight club” to which I say that the answer is as obvious as it is plain further still some other folks might say “well now that we know the what and the why we will blindly support your Champaign” to which I would say that your blind eternal support all I will ever ask for.

well I’m glad you asked elvis did have plenty of sexual oddities like providing his own happy endings you see while he was pounding away at what could likely have simultaneously have been your mother and aunt he would pull out just before reaching the breaking point in order to deposit the baby stew onto a neutral location but this left many women and not just your mother disappointed I mean can you imagine the disappointment and rejection that your mother and/or aunt must have felt along with several other women when at that precise moment he would pull out I mean think of it if elvis had just flipped your mother every which way he wanted he has even done her in ways that your own daddy has never ever been able to even bring up and yet elvis had to finish the deed by himself well I’m sure that at this point you still might be wondering why or was my saucy mother not enough woman or was there something wrong with the way my mother made love to my aunt and elvis that was wrong well in all honestly your mother was not at fault she was probably just the right sort of dirty that any man would like and the real reason elvis would hand out his own juices rather than deposit them within your mother and/or aunt is because he didn’t want to have any babies with them that would be left for some other sucker so now you know and knowing is at least two elevenths of the battle

ps just in case you are wondering the other nine elevenths is plainly being able to kick the other guy’s rump just ask cloud

thank you and more specifically thank you very much for your support i had never expected to receive such an abundant and even overwhelming amount of interest in elvis presley who would have thought that this would be such a popular topic but with regards to your questions i would like to say this yes which should about cover it

moving right along i would like bring up yet another set of unique intricacies found only within the world of elvis presley he was a big big fan of flamboyant bright and vivacious colors which was no where more evident than in his style of clothing not many men can pull off pink as he did but when you're as good looking as us the clothing is barely even on long enough for the color to matter

another interesting tidbit about elvis includes his relationships with other superstars like frank sinatra frankly elvis had sex with frank sinatra's fiancé but that would just turn into water under the bridge because those two wild and crazy guys actually performed together a few times after that elvis even sang witchcraft for frank on stage as they performed small portions of the other's famous ballad then later on in life elvis also took advantage of sinatra's daughter

another interesting tidbit about elvis includes his relationships with other superstars like frank sintra frankly elvis had sex with frank sinatra's fiancé but that would just turn into water under the bridge because those two wild and crazy guys actually performed together a few times after that elvis even sang witch craft for frank on stage as they preformed small portions of the other's famous ballets then later on in life elvis also took advantage of sinatra's daughter

Ballets? I was previously unaware of an elvis or sinatra version of swan lake. Please enlighten us.

that was indeed quite clever

ballad: bal-lad  - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bal-uh d] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun

1. any light, simple song, esp. one of sentimental or romantic character, having two or more stanzas all sung to the same melody.

2. a simple narrative poem of folk origin, composed in short stanzas and adapted for singing.

3. any poem written in similar style.

4. the music for a ballad.

5. a sentimental or romantic popular song.

moving right along

"Elvis Aron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977), often known simply as Elvis and also called "The King of Rock 'n' Roll" or simply "The King", was an American singer and actor. He is regarded by many to be the greatest entertainer of the 20th century. (Presley's birth certificate uses the spelling Aron, but his estate has designated Aaron as the official spelling of his middle name.)

Presley started as a singer of rockabilly, singing many songs from rhythm and blues, gospel and country. He was first billed as "The Hilbilly Cat". His combination of country music with bluesy vocals and a strong back beat marked a clear path toward rock & roll. He was the most commercially successful singer of rock and roll, but he also had success with ballads, country, gospel, blues, pop, folk and even semi-operatic and jazz standards. His voice, which developed into many voices as his career progressed, had always a unique tonality and an extraordinary unusual center of gravity, leading to his ability to tackle a range of songs and melodies which would be nearly impossible for most other popular singers to achieve. In a musical career of over two decades, Presley set many records, such as concert attendance, television ratings, and records sales, and became one of the best-selling artists in music history.

He is an icon of modern American pop culture. In the late 1960s, Presley re-emerged as a live performer of old and new hit songs, both on tour and in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he was known for his on-stage highly energetic performances both vocally and physically, his sartorial jump-suits and capes adding to the drama. He attracted massive attendance figures. His concert performances were staggering in quantity, considering they numbered over 1,100 in 8 years. He continued to perform before sell-out audiences around the U.S. until his death in 1977. His death was premature at 42, despite alarming concerns about his health. When he died on August 16, 1977, it was a huge shock to his fans. However, it soon became clear that a combination of over-work, obesity, depression, bad diet and severe abuse of prescription drugs, accelerated his premature departure. However, much confusion, conflict, contradictions and general controversy still surrounds his death. Regardless, his popularity as a singer has survived his death."

i have no idea what you mean but i guess you all would like some more

"A danger to American culture"

"By the spring of 1956, Presley was fast becoming a national phenomenon and teenagers came to his concerts in unprecedented numbers. When he performed at the Mississippi-Alabama Fair in 1956, 100 National Guardsmen surrounded the stage to control crowds of excited fans. The singer was considered to represent a threat to the moral well-being of young American women. The Roman Catholic Church denounced him in its weekly magazine in an article headlined "Beware Elvis Presley."

In an interview with PBS television, social historian Eric Lott said, "all the citizens' councils in the South called Elvis 'nigger music' and were terribly afraid that Elvis, white as he was, being ambiguously raced just by being working-class, was going to corrupt the youth of America." Robert Kaiser says he was the first who gave the people "a music that hit them where they lived, deep in their emotions, yes, even below their belts. Other singers had been doing this for generations, but they were black."Therefore, his performance style was frequently criticized. Social guardians blasted anyone responsible for exposing impressionable teenagers to his "gyrating figure and suggestive gestures." The Louisville chief of police, for instance, called for a no-wiggle rule to halt "any lewd, lascivious contortions that would excite the crowd." Even Priscilla Presley confirms that "his performances were labeled obscene. My mother stated emphatically that he was 'a bad influence for teenage girls. He arouses things in them that shouldn't be aroused.'"

According to rhythm and blues artist Hank Ballard, "In white society, the movement of the butt, the shaking of the leg, all that was considered obscene. Now here's this white boy that's grinding and rolling his belly and shaking that notorious leg. I hadn't even seen the black dudes doing that."[39] Presley complained bitterly in a June 27, 1956, interview about being singled out as “obscene”.[40] Due to his controversial style of song and stage performances, municipal politicians began denying permits for Presley appearances. This caused teens to pile into cars and travel elsewhere to see him perform. Adult programmers announced they would not play Presley's music on their radio stations due to religious convictions that his music was "devil music" and to racist beliefs that it was "nigger music." Many of Presley's records were condemned as wicked by Pentecostal preachers, warning congregations to keep heathen rock and roll music out of their homes and away from their children's ears (especially the music of "that backslidden Pentecostal pup.") However, the economic power of Presley's fans became evident when they tuned in alternative radio stations playing his records. In an era when radio stations were shifting to an all-music format, in reaction to competition from television, profit-conscious radio station owners learned quickly when sponsors bought more advertising time on new all "rock and roll" stations, some of which reached enormous markets at night with clear channel signals from AM broadcasts.

In August, 1956 in Jacksonville, Florida a local Juvenile Court judge called Presley a "savage" and threatened to arrest him if he shook his body while performing at Jacksonville's Florida Theatre, justifying the restrictions by saying his music was undermining the youth of America. Throughout the performance, Presley stood still as ordered but poked fun at the judge by wiggling a finger. Similar attempts to stop his "sinful gyrations" continued for more than a year and included his often-noted January 6, 1957 appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show (during which he performed the spiritual number "Peace in the Valley"), when he was filmed only from the waist up."

Archived