Hondo's Bar

Jericho

Lycaon

Jericho: The storyline revolves about the residents of Jericho, a small rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of a series of nuclear explosions across the continental United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear explosion of unknown origin in nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho. Later, power is restored to Jericho by what is alluded to as the efforts of the U.S. government, but soon after an EMP disables all electronics. Several themes addressed in the show regularly are the gathering of information, community identity, public order, limited resources, and external and internal threats. The show features several mysteries involving the backgrounds of major characters, the unknown perpetrators of the attack, and the extent of damage to the United States and its government.

The pivotal character is Jake Green, a 32-year-old prodigal son, who returns home to briefly visit his family before becoming stranded as a result of the catastrophe.

(synopsis from wikipedia)

The official website, full episodes are available for online viewing)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

So... anyone watching? I just finished episode 7 online (there are 9 so far, the next one will be shown Wednesday, November 22, 8pm et/pt), and its really good.

Edited by Lycaon

I like this show pretty well though it moves kind of slow. And does it remind anyone else of Lost? I mean the opening thing looks close to identical.

Yeah, it is a bit. Speaking of the opening, I hear that the Morse code at the beginning of each episode is a different message each time.

• 5 months later...

haha sorry man, i should check out your link one day but the only thing i know about it is your short synopsis and, assuming its the same show, the many ads that used to be in comics.

dont feel bad, my TV threads go pages with me talking to myself sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

sorry man, im backlogged on like 3-4 HBO shows (including Carnivale, which you pushed!), Venture Bros and the like, not to mention anime...its on my list to check out, but its a big list man. besdies, my bootleggery and lack of cable woudla done little to help...really sucks to see a favorite show cancelled tho, sorry Ly.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
how similar to lost is it? like lost-lite?

Not really anything at all. The characters aren't near as deep as the ones on Lost, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. Though it is a bit unrealistic, I mean you will never find that many good looking people living together in a small Kansas town.

Not really anything at all. The characters aren't near as deep as the ones on Lost, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. Though it is a bit unrealistic, I mean you will never find that many good looking people living together in a small Kansas town.

Heh. True enough, especially that last part. It's still a good series (I know you weren't necessarily saying otherwise).

Cool. :sad: At the very least, they got to have a halfway decent finish to the series this time (assuming that they don't get to continue the series in another way). It would be good to se what happens next, though.

Edited by Lycaon

• 4 years later...