Hondo's Bar

Freecycle!

Jont

If you're not aware of it already you should go to http://www.freecycle.org/

Basically its a mailing list where people give away things they no longer need for free, instead of throwing it away. Freecycle rhymes with recycle, you see? The only rule they have is that no money changes hands, ever.

I've already got a two man tent out of this and just today I got a barbecue set, and I've seen lots of other cool shit that some fucker obviously got to first, like an old timely flip up school desk inkwell and all. It can of course also be used to get rid of shit you don't want and don't to take to the dump, some people will take anything. I saw someone on there pick up a hundred used disposable pens, he used them as fishing lures apparently.

Click on the link above now, the site is a front end to a network of Yahoo groups, put in your post code and you'll be directed to the ones nearest to you.

Which one's the local branch where you are? Bolton? I'm on the Manchester freecycle and they tend to list things that are on the south side of the city, which is usually trickier for me to get to. The barbecue I got today was thankfully about seven minutes walk from where I live, mind you seven minutes walk can turn into a bit of a march, a victory march, holding your barbecue aloft in triumph!

Hop on down to the Bolton branch to fulfill all your barbecue desires! Everyone's friendly and...etc. It's under Greater Manc rather than Lancashire on the site, which confused me inexplicably.

I'm pretty sure it's international...check the 'groups' link.

No USA?... :misty:

Damn capitalists. :no:

You are clearly mistaken, when I click on the "groups in your local area" link on the top left, it uses invasive internet technology to tell that I'm in the United Kingdom, click it, it'll work for you too I'm sure, otherwise there's a spot on the right where you can type in your city and state (use the two letter abreviation)

hey, this sounds pretty cool, good work lottie! and jont, kind of.

sen: find anything good? ill go look soon, too. we need binoculars, duct tape, flashlights, and infa-red/night vision goggles. this is gonna make for the best manhunt game evar.

I notice, despite those family ties, you never thought of mentioning Freecycle to me, and you know I'm particulary poor (or just damn cheap on the occasions I do have money). For shame.

I thought your fierce pride would prohibit freebies. No..wait...that's what i would have thought, had Freecycle occurred to me. I have borne witness to your intense and debilitating poverty, and yes, it is humbling. I'll buy you a drink for my birthday and we'll call it evens.

(A second hand drink. To the face. Oooh.)

Oh, you nasty little tree dweller, you know its ok to let some things just go.

I have a load of Kushies Classics cloth nappies size 1 (10-22lbs) which

are still in one piece but are so worn out as to not really be useable.

Wondering if anyone could use them for doll play, or demos if you sell

cloth? Might be ok as spares for a smaller baby who is a light wetter.

Yes this whole thread was merely a pretext for me to ask you if you'd be interested in some doll play.

Today I'm reading Hondo's on my new monitor that I got on Freecycle, 19" CRT, and in stark contrast to my old one, everything's in focus. So anyone else got or given anything on Freecycle? Lotts? Shenshik and any newcomers, any luck?

My aunt's got loads off it, including some jeans she gave to me. If that counts. For the record, they were new...but i'm not hypocrite enough to reject jeans on grounds of age.

And you know, Jont, you've only to ask.

Archived