Hondo's Bar

hal jordan vs thor

arc

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thor

He is the Norse God of Thunder, master of the storm and lightning, heir to the throne of legendary Asgard. Summoning the enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir, EMS technician Jake Olson stands transformed into the mightiest warrior of mythology: Thor!

Group affiliation: Avengers

Base of operations: Asgard; Avengers Mansion, New York City

First appearance: Journey Into Mystery #83 (1962)

Height: 5'10" as Olson, 6'6" as Thor

Weight: 150 lbs. as Olson, 640 lbs. as Thor

Eye color: Blue

Hair color: Blond

Powers: As the son of Odin, Thor's strength, endurance and resistance to injury are greater than the vast majority of his superhuman race.

Weapons: The enchanted hammer Mjolnir, made of mystic Uru metal, is nearly indestructible. The mallet derives the remainder of its powers from Odin's six enchantments: No living being, unless worthy, may lift it; it always returns to the exact spot from which it was thrown; it channels Thor's ability to control the elements of storm and project mystical energy; it allows its wielder to open transdimensional portals; it enables Thor to transform himself into human form; and it grants its user the power of flight.

History: Descended from Norse gods and raised in the hallowed halls of Asgard, Thor nearly precipitated a war by violating a truce with his family's ancient enemy: the Frost Giants of Jotunheim, one of the nine worlds of the Asgardian cosmology. Odin, Thor's father, banished the young God of Thunder to Earth without his memory to teach him a lesson in humility.

After a decade as a mere mortal, the feeble Dr. Donald Blake was drawn to Norway. There, he encountered a race of warmongering aliens. Seeking cover in a cave, Blake discovered a mysterious wooden cane. Actually the enchanted hammer Mjolnir, it transformed him once more into the mighty Thor. After expelling the alien threat, the Thunder God took his place among the Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Thor is forever torn between his divine home, Asgard, and the troubled lands of his adopted world, Earth.

While fulfilling Odin's lesson in humility, Thor developed an appreciation for mortals and the planet Earth. Eventually, he learned Don Blake had not existed prior to his appropriation of that form: Odin merely had remade Thor as a mortal. In light of this revelation, Thor established a new identity: Sigurd Jarlson. To effect this guise, he pulled back his hair, wore glasses and dressed like a normal human. During a battle with the villain Mongoose, Thor's friend Eric Masterson was gravely injured. As a gift to his son, Odin merged Masterson with the Thunder God in a similar manner to the creation of Don Blake. In this case, however, Masterson and Thor were two separate beings.

Thor's adopted brother -- Loki, Norse God of Mischief and Evil, diminutive scion of Laufey, king of the Frost Giants -- has been a constant thorn in the Thunder God's side. Motivated by his jealousy of his foster brother and a desire to seize Odin's throne, Loki strayed from his honored place. Now, this prince of Asgard will stop at nothing to destroy Thor and all he holds dear. In one of his many depraved schemes, Loki tricked Thor into "killing" him, thereby breaking Asgardian law. Thor was to be banished, but asked that Masterson be spared his fate. Retaining the abilities of Thor, Masterson was left to become Earth's guardian.

Thor soon reclaimed his power, but nearly was killed in battle with the metallic menace known as the Destroyer. Merged with EMS technician Jake Olson, Thor once again took to living a double life. To sully the reputation of Thor's human identity, Loki raised the real Jake Olson from the dead. However, Thor defeated Loki's puppet in the guise of his alter ego. This failure led Loki to believe the only way to best his foster brother was to possess Olson's body. But before Loki could kill Thor, Odin imprisoned his essence in human form.

Eh...thats two different fights, man.

I mean, Hal Jordan's the greatest GL of all time an alla that, but he's still basically human, so he'd be hard pressed to fight Thor, i think.

Parallax? Aside from takin down the entire JLA once by himself (wanna hear somethin odd? Aquaman once did that too, i hear.  Guess everybody has in their own books, huh?), during Zero Hour, the man fucked with the space/time continum.  I think Thor's a badass, but i aint too sure he can take down a man who can just warp time back until he finds a way to win, and i dont think that kinda power was beyond Parallax, either.  Any particular terms to this fight?

OK, this one kinda crapped out, i never voted 'cause the terms of the fight never got defined, post got swept up in trol...representatives.

Hey, Artistic, how bout a Thor Vs Superman fight, or is that part of your tournament? That's more equally matched. After readin Green Lantern Vs Silver Surfer, i thought itd be a much better fight if Surfer went against Jordan as GL, but Parallax...who the hell can fight him, X-Man? He can bend time & space, for chrissake.  :dissappointed:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, I haven't read a Green Lantern book since never, so I guess I'm a bit behind.

Ok, I read the first Kyle Rayner issues.

ugh, that's like saying you curb your taste for whoreflesh by touching children. The narrative of Green Lantern is like the Catholic Church, there's some big obvious problems going on that need to be dealt and they'll get around to fixing them in few decades or so. I mean shit, they fixed the yellow problem after only 46 years, at this rate they might get around to realising how much everyone who isn't Nick hates Kyle Rayner sometime around 2098

4ht8h.jpg

dude they killed him, brought him back real quick-like, and he's left only showing in the GL Corps book, for whoever reads that. fuckin' Guy Gardner's getting a new book and not Kyle...you haters won! don't make me make a leave britney kyle alone youtube video.

4ht8h.jpg

dude they killed him, brought him back real quick-like, and he's left only showing in the GL Corps book, for whoever reads that. fuckin' Guy Gardner's getting a new book and not Kyle...you haters won! don't make me make a leave britney kyle alone youtube video.

Good, Gardner deserves his own book, maybe he'll do something other than fly around the galaxy moping all the time.

• 9 months later...