Hondo's Bar

Chicken Wings

Aartemys

The Best Chicken Wings  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wings.jpg

What makes a good chicken wing and where can you get the best ones? Do you eat it breaded or naked? How about flavors?

Sorry non-Miamians...you can use the "other" option...

Discuss!

I practically live at Flanigan's by work, so I might be a little partial to their wings. Nothing like 20 wings with a pitcher of Heineken...yum.

Hooters is overrated, but their wings are my second runner up...

• 2 months later...

There was this wing place my ex and I used to go to when I'd stay the night in Boca, though I don't remember what it's called... Wings Plus, perhaps?

Damn good wings, anyway.

I don't really care if they're breaded or naked, but I like them in hot (but not TOO hot!) Buffalo sauce.

Shit.

Now I want to eat a bunch of hot wings.

Bob, tomorrow is Wings Wednesday at Flanigan's...you get 10 wings with the purchase of a pitcher...

I think I know where I'm eating lunch tomorrow...

Wish I could say with as much certainty that I was going to Wing Wednesday, but, alas, I've got a good buddy arriving from Nueva Jork, and we're gonna be boozin' it up all over this crazy town, his choice, of course.

Also: Strangely, I don't drink alcohol when I eat... I consider it a waste of good booze. I'm a proponent of either pre-meal drinking, or post...

for the marinade:

1 onionhalf cup scallions

2 garlic cloveshalf teaspoon of thyme

1 and a half teaspoon of salt

2 teaspoons of allspice

half teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg

half cup of minced jalapeno pepper

1 teaspoon of black pepper

6/8 drops of tobasco

1 tablespoon of soy sauce

1/4 cup of olive oil

Not for the marinade:

18 chicken wings

In a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients except for the wings. In a large shallow dish arrange the wings in one layer and spoon the marinade over them, rubbing it in (use rubber gloves the marinade is quite hot and i have rubbed my eye shortly after doing it gloveless momentarily blinded myself). Let them marinate, covered & chilled, turning them once preferably overnight.

Cook the wings for 30-35 minutes at 200 degrees.

Not my original recepie, i got it from a cookbook

Archived