Hondo's Bar

Black Summer

The NZA

props to panch; idve somehow missed the shitstorm this one's getting already otherwise...

blacksummerpromoB.jpg

This summer, the world goes black as Warren Ellis unveils his all-new super-powered heroes and villains epic that promises to be the biggest event of 2007! With art by the genius Juan Jose Ryp, no fan of The Authority or Wanted will want to miss this bleeding-edge eight issue masterpiece. The #0 features an original story that leads directly into the full-size monthly series that starts in August priced at just $2.99 per issue! When the political situation in the USA becomes more than Horus can stand, he moves to take matters into his own hands. But since not all his other team-mates aren’t so eager to throw the world into chaos, an epic conflict starts to form. And no one will be safe as the bodies start to fall.

Major media's already on it, as it apparently opens with a splash page of the superhero in the oval office, with teh bodies of bush, cheney & co all around, and the book's to be about the consequences of his actions.

Its being said that it could get Warren Ellis on a terrorist watch list, which'd be a) funny as hell, b) the best publicity he's had outside of Global Frequencey, i imagine.

You know what? ill let the images do the talking....

blacksum0wrap.jpg

blacksum0pg6.jpg

blacksum0pg5.jpg

blacksum0pg4.jpg

so yeah, youll be hearing about this, i imagine. Its Ellis, so expect more than just shock. More info here from the source (Avatar Press), and here at Newsarama.

blacksum0.jpg

...Jont?

Sounds interesting...

Its being said that it could get Warren Ellis on a terrorist watch list

The paranoia the USA is handling always amaze me. But then again, you've always been know to be a ridiculous country in that way...

Yeah right. Me a commie. It's a weird thing that been a commie I have so many comic books from there and Im eager to go visit NY to buy some stuff and to know the city. That said...

Did you know how much stupid and useless papers you have to fill in order to enter USA? Not being a european citizen (I have my resident permitition and all that stuff), really complicates all the process to try to visit your land of freedom. I have to go to an interview in US embassy in Helsinki, and talk to some guy, to probe i'm not a terrorist. And then fill questions like these:

-Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany; or have you ever participated in genocide?

-Have you ever been afflicted with a communicable disease of public health significance or a dangerous physical or mental disorder, or ever been a drug abuser or addict?

-Do you have Any specialized Skills or Training, including Firearms, Explosives, Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical Experience?

It's really a pain in the ass, since I only planing to go for 2 weeks or so.....

So, in conclusion. I like US fine. Like in all the places there's dumb people, good people (really worth it. Hondos is a living proof), and there are politicians. The scumb of the earth.

Yeah right. Me a commie. It's a weird thing that been a commie I have so many comic books from there and Im eager to go visit NY to buy some stuff and to know the city. That said...

Did you know how much stupid and useless papers you have to fill in order to enter USA? Not being a european citizen (I have my resident permitition and all that stuff), really complicates all the process to try to visit your land of freedom. I have to go to an interview in US embassy in Helsinki, and talk to some guy, to probe i'm not a terrorist. And then fill questions like these:

It's really a pain in the ass, since I only planing to go for 2 weeks or so.....

So, in conclusion. I like US fine. Like in all the places there's dumb people, good people (really worth it. Hondos is a living proof), and there are politicians. The scumb of the earth.

Um... okay... had I been serious you would really have a point there. Anyhow... how bout that weather.

Read issue # 0, and 1 just came out this week...nice. In for the trade.

Ellis uses the shock value to set up the story, yeah, but its about the consequences of that action, as he writes at the end of issue zero. So far? Youve got some of Ellis' staples (whiskey'd-out disenfranchised hero, tough chicks, etc) and so far its feeling more to me like Cla$$war at ponts than Authority but its early on, so hard to say, could be the art, too. Point is, im on board.

Archived