Hondo's Bar

Dc comics 30 essential graphic novels

Boogie

I was really bored this morning so I decided to take a look on the DC webpage. Looking around I found something interesting: The DC 30 essential graphic novels. I found many comics that I have and think they were pretty obvious to be on the list. But then I realized that there wasn't any mention on Preacher nor 100 Bullets (among others I think they diserved a mention, at least). WTF???

This is one many reason why I'd mighty like to go to DC's offices a kick some executives arses...

I agree with Boogie, Preacher should be represented.

I am a Bat-fanatic, and I do own most of those the books, and they are excellent. Its a testament to the adaptability to the character.

I do think Neil Gaiman needs more works, what about Death or Sandman's Midsummer's Nights Dream.

I can feel the Time-Warner corporate hand on these choices, alot of them have been adapted into movies, or are in the pipeline to be.

Yeah, id clown on the lack of 100 Bullets & Preacher, but i stopped taking the list too seriously somehwere around "Dark Knight Strikes Again", myself.

GL: Rebirth was good, i prefer Emerald Twilight tho, when Jordan snapped and Rayner was introduced. sure theyve all but retconned it away but its what got me into the character.

Archived