Hondo's Bar

Premiership 08/09 Season

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballack and Chevvy are ours :2T::blink::) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Duff is a fucking bastard. Newcastle? He would have been better off at spurs! Spurs offered him 10 million, yet he goes to the magpies for 5.

Anyway, Chelsea will be up top this season as usual. :)

this is me thinking i should have put this in the fight club thread, because we know its just gonna end in arguments....

either way, arsenal have rosicky, a class midfielder, and we're trimming off the deadweight in the squad too, which i like, we just need to get rid of cygan..... either way, its gonna be a closer season this year than last year i think, or at least i hope....

Rosicky is class, mate. Great signing. Mmmm... I need to get my new Chelsea shirt tomorrow ( today ) 1639.jpg

I was sort of dissapointed. Besides the new logo ( 8 year signing with Adidas:P ) and the three stripes down the arms, it really doesn't offer anything new. I'm glad they stuck to the simple design of the umbro version though, didn't go out on a limb like Man U.

I really think Liverpool have a great chance of being the main contenders to Chelsea's crown. i think Bellamy will prove a great signing and coupled with Mark Gonzalez, Fabio Aurelio and Jermaine Pennant they look a hugely improved team.

Plus there still in the market for another striker which could solve their goalscoring problems.

As a neutral, I'm baffled as to why Duff chose Newcastle, Spurs would have been the better option and he'd be playing week in week out with Robbie Keane which would be great from an Irish standpoint.

He'd be along side Carrick aswell. I think it was a piss poor decision. He said something in the press release like " When I've played Newcastle as Chelsea, they've always had a strong heart. " Some crap like that. Oh well, I suppose it's his loss. Have fun at Newcastle Duff!

Man united just stuck in an offer for mascherano, who i wouldnt mind having over at arsenal, but i think liverpool do have a great chance, theyre a great team with talent Everywhere, you just need to score goals...

i think west ham could be the dark horses this seasons, you saw how well they played last season.

Well, Man U's jersey this year is a near replica of the 56 jersey, when the busby babes came on the scene (blah blah blah)

Anyway, we need to sign some people, i'm amazed we weren't in for duff! But he just wants to play, imo has fuck all ambition. Just wants to play every week which he will at newcastle.

Ballack will do well, be interesting to see who chelski's first choice midfield is this season, and shevchenko, nice signing,but can he handle the premiership

If man u manage to sign mascherano i'll be chuffed, and carrick would do nicely too! Its gonna be tough to beat chelsea though

£18.6 million for an unproven midfielder. This will turn out either to be a masterstroke or another huge failure on Ferguson's part.

Spurs are laughing I'd say. They got Zokora for £3.5 million I think. Nice bit of business on their part considering they got him for £2.5 million two years ago.

He's hardly unproven, maybe at CL level, but he's had at least 3 yrs premier league experience. 1 with West Ham and 2 with Spurs

Spurs did good business alright,i believe the fee for Zokora was nearly £6m,but the fee for carrick only goes to 18.6 if united win the Premier League and or champions league.

Aparently the Senna deal is in the bag for £4m. So he'll be a good buy, and then we've money to splash on a striker. Hopefully one of Torres or Tevez. :pinch:

Well way i look at it is, the likes of united and chelsea, will be on at least 6 times each, making it worth while.

Or you could just go to the pub!

Meanwhile, the new man u jersey. Kills me to say it, but i actually think the new chelsea shirt is quite nice. Adidas make good shirts imo.

2006_0807Image0001.jpg

Who else?

2006_0807Image0002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of results yesterday and today i still think Liverpool are major challengers.

The addition of Kuyt to the squad for me solves that striker problem they have. They now have four strikers of varying qualites covering speed, finishing, aerial and the ability to link between the midfielders.

Quite suprised at Spurs but that said Bolton are a difficult team to travel to.

On a side note, Forest won their fourth game in a row. Fucking steamrolling through League One we are!

Archived