Hondo's Bar

Audiosurf

Stilly

Anyone else gotten this game yet? It's PC only right now, so that may keep some of you away, but those of you with a steam account should really check this out.

Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.

Audiosurf on Steam includes The Orange Box soundtrack, integrated with the game to enable"Still Alive"surfing and more. In addition, Audiosurf is one of the first titles to leverage the recently announced Steamworks, offering full support for the Steam Achievements that appear on Steam Community profile pages.

* Play with any music from your own collection--the game supports MP3s, iTunes M4As, WMAs, CDs and OGGs

* Valve's The Orange Box Original Soundtrack is included.

* Online scoreboards for each song you play.

* Choose your strategy from 14 available characters.

* Track your progress as Steam Achievements.

I heard about it and downloaded the demo through steam, played a few songs (there's a four song limit in the demo), and immediately dropped the $10 for the game.

Hella fun.

Some gameplay videos:

Through the fire and the flames - Ninja Mono mode:

Around the world/Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger - Ninja Pointman mode:

Du Hast - Ninja Mono mode:

So they all look like the game is too fast to play, but it's really not once you get the hang of it. There are three difficulty levels (easy, ninja, and elite...I think), with a bunch of different "characters" (game play modes, hence the "Mono" and the "Pointman" stuff above.

Tons of fun, tons of fun.

• 3 years later...

still one of my favorites on steam, all over it tonight - the Portal 2 song is surprisingly good too.

my personal favorites so far:

^that's if you want a nice, chill experience. if you want an awesome one, try:

the track moves funky with this one, it's really cool. DoJ should be all over this with dubstep tracks - make your recommendations!

INB4 logans and windowlicker

Archived